Full program description
WSQ Identify Personal Skills Gaps and Develop Steps to Enhance Professional Competencies [Coming Soon]
- Coming Soon -
The programme, WSQ Identify Personal Skills Gaps and Develop Steps to Enhance Professional Competencies is designed to help healthcare professionals identify their areas of strengths and skill gaps so that they can assess their level of professional proficiencies and develop practical steps in closing those gaps. It will also equip healthcare workers with the knowledge of available resources and tools that they can tap on to plot their learning and development plans towards achieving both personal and professional goals.
Reflective Practice provide the necessary foundational framework for continuous self-reflection of the currency of ones own knowledge and skill in a world of disruptions and changing nature of work. This program aims to equip healthcare professionals with the ability to diagnose ones own skill set and to chart the direction of his/her own professional development using SMART objective setting methodology.
Who Should Attend
The target audience is non-supervisory healthcare workers from all job families detailed in the Career Pathways of the Healthcare and Social Service Skills Framework, and these includes the following (non-exhaustive):
- Pharmacy Technician (Pharmacy)
- Patient Service Associate (Operations)
- Patient Service Senior Associate (Operations)
- Healthcare Assistant /Basic Care Assistant /Nursing Aide (Nursing)
- Senior Healthcare Assistant / Basic Care Assistant / Nursing Aide (Nursing)
- Enrolled Nurse (Nursing)
- Senior Enrolled Nurse (Nursing)
- Staff Nurse (Nursing)
- Senior Staff Nurse (Nursing)
- Therapy Assistant (Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy)
- Senior Therapy Assistant (Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy)
- Therapy Support Associate (Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy)
- Physiotherapist, Senior Physiotherapist
- Occupational Therapist, Senior Occupational Therapist
- Speech Therapist, Senior Speech Therapist
Face-to-face Facilitation : 9.00 am to 5:30 pm (7.5 hours)
Total Training Hours : 9.5 Hours (includes 2 hours eLearning component)
Total Assessment Hours : 15 mins
Portfolio submission (due 1 calendar week after completion of face-to-face facilitation)
Oral Questioning (15 minutes) conducted on a separate day after portfolio submission.
This program provides the opportunity for an individual to develop adaptive skills and positive mindset towards skills deepening and/or re-skilling, to be readily equipped with in-demand skills to meet the needs of Singapores ageing population and support the Healthcare ITMs strategic thrusts.
- Learning Unit 1 The Evolving Nature of Work and Worker 4.0
- Learning Unit 2 Not just Lifelong Learning but Lifelong Employability
Mode of Assessment
- Portfolio Submission
- Oral Questioning
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
A Statement of Attainment (SOA) from SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) will be issued.
- Identify learning and development gaps and related professional requirements and accreditation for continued professional practice
- Make use of available resources to draw up individualized learning and development steps for continued professional advancement and lifelong employability, while ensuring professional competency gaps in the workplace are managed appropriately
Be able to listen, speak, read and write English and use numeracy skills at a proficiency level equivalent to the following:
- Employability Skills Workforce Skills Qualifications (ES WSQ) Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 5
- Employability Skills Workforce Skills Qualifications (ES WSQ) Workplace Numeracy (WPN) Level 5