Full program description
COVID-19 Screening Basics
In the current climate of the COVID-19, it is important to equip individuals who are performing temperature screening with adequate knowledge and techniques, to ensure that temperature taking provides an effective first line of defence for the infection containment.
8 hours (including assessment)
1. Foundational knowledge
- Setting up of a screening station
- Basic health advisory based on GOV.SG, MOH & MOM guidelines
- What is body heat?
- Why is taking body temperature important?
2. Methods of taking body temperature
- Where to take temperature?
- How to take temperature?
- When to take temperature?
- What is normal temperature?
- What is high temperature?
- Use of temperature screening instruments
3. Providing health advice and enforcement
- What are some observable symptoms?
- What questions to ask to understand the health status of individuals?
- What advice to give?
4. Dos and Donts of taking body temperature
- Practise temperature-taking and giving appropriate advice.
Mode of Assessment
Practicum & Quizzes
By the end of the training, participants will be able to
- Explain why it is important to take body temperature
- List the factors affecting body temperature
- Describe methods of taking body temperature
- Demonstrate how to take body temperature using the appropriate instrument
- Differentiate between correct and incorrect ways of taking temperature
- Demonstrate how to read body temperature correctly
- Observe basic symptoms during temperature screening
- Ask basic questions to ascertain the health status and risk profile of individuals
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
- Classroom learning including the use of lecture, demonstration, practicum, role-play, peer feedback, group discussions and quizzes
Original Course Fee
Course fee for Singapore Citizens & PRs (non-UNION members)
Course fee for Singapore Citizens & PRs (UNION members)
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.