Full program description
COVID-19 Screening Basics
In the current climate of the COVID-19, it is important to equip individuals who are performing temperature screening with adequate knowledge and techniques, to ensure that temperature taking provides an effective first line of defence for the infection containment.
8 hours (including assessment)
1. Foundational knowledge
- Setting up of a screening station
- Basic health advisory based on GOV.SG, MOH & MOM guidelines
- What is body heat?
- Why is taking body temperature important?
2. Methods of taking body temperature
- Where to take temperature?
- How to take temperature?
- When to take temperature?
- What is normal temperature?
- What is high temperature?
- Use of temperature screening instruments
3. Providing health advice and enforcement
- What are some observable symptoms?
- What questions to ask to understand the health status of individuals?
- What advice to give?
4. Dos and Donts of taking body temperature
- Practise temperature-taking and giving appropriate advice.
Mode of Assessment
Practicum & Quizzes
By the end of the training, participants will be able to
- Explain why it is important to take body temperature
- List the factors affecting body temperature
- Describe methods of taking body temperature
- Demonstrate how to take body temperature using the appropriate instrument
- Differentiate between correct and incorrect ways of taking temperature
- Demonstrate how to read body temperature correctly
- Observe basic symptoms during temperature screening
- Ask basic questions to ascertain the health status and risk profile of individuals
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
- Classroom learning including the use of lecture, demonstration, practicum, role-play, peer feedback, group discussions and quizzes