Full program description
Introduction to Bitcoin and Blockchain Technology
What's In It For Me
- Find out what Bitcoin is
- Learn about the Blockchain technology
- Practical tips on handling Bitcoin
- Understand what makes Bitcoin different from other assets
The course will provide students a basic understanding of the technologies that make Bitcoin work. Students will find out what makes Bitcoin different and a basic understanding of the important concepts of Blockchain the technology behind Bitcoin. Students will be able to identify the two-main consensus mechanism of Blockchain technology. Students will learn to store and use cryptocurrencies. The first half of the course focuses on theory, while the second half exposes students to hands-on experience.
Who Should Attend
- IT personnel
- Cryptocurrencies Enthusiasts
1 Day / 7 Hours
(Morning Session: 9 am to 12.30pm; Lunch break: 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm; Afternoon Session: 1.30 pm to 5 pm)
What is Bitcoin?
- What is a cryptocurrency?
- What are the key technologies made this possible?
What technology is Bitcoin built on?
- Brief introduction of Blockchain
- Brief introduction on ledgers
- Short primer on the current situation of Blockchain Assets around the world
- Centralization vs Decentralization
- Distributed Consensus
Proof of Work (PoW) & Proof of Stake (PoS)
- What is consensus
- Why is consensus important?
- The role of mining
- Proof of work
- Short introduction of PoW concept
- List out projects running on PoW
- Proof of stake
- Short introduction of PoS concept
- List out projects running on PoS
How to Store and Use Bitcoins
- How to store?
- Distinguish between Hot and cold wallets
- Learn private keys management
- Discover online wallets
- Cryptocurrencies exchanges
- How do people use it?
- Usage as a currency
- Usage for world computer
- Where to trade?
- What are exchanges?
- Understanding key concepts
- Understanding implications of Bitcoin
- Ability to weigh the pros and cons of Bitcoin
- Identify and have a basic understanding of the technology that Bitcoin is built on
- Understand the current situation of Blockchain assets around the world
- Identify the difference between centralization, decentralization and distributed
- Possess basic understanding of Proof of Work and Proof of Stake
- Identify leading projects in the Blockchain industry
- How to store and use Bitcoins safely
Learners are assumed to be able to:
- Have a moderate understanding in daily computer usage
- Have analytical skills to assess central concepts
- Possess a strong level of English to understand technical language
- Open mind
$280.37 (before GST) / $300 (with GST)
NTUC member: $50
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees