Full program description
DevOps Leader (DOL)®
What's In It For Me
Understand new and innovative ways to organize and manage IT. Tailored for those engaged in a DevOps Cultural Transformation.
NTUC LearningHub Course Code: DEVOPS1
The DevOps Leader course is a unique and practical experience for participants who want to take a transformational leadership approach and make an impact within their organization by implementing DevOps. Leading people through a cultural transformation requires new skills, innovative thinking, and transformational leadership. Leaders up, down and across the IT organization must align and collaborate to break down silos and evolve the organization.
The course highlights the human dynamics of cultural change and equips participants with practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the DevOps spectrum through the use of real-life scenarios and case studies. Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back in the office such as understanding Value Stream Mapping.
The course was developed by leveraging key DevOps leadership sources to extract real-life best practices in leading DevOps initiatives, such as the Spotify Squad Model, and has been designed to teach the key differences and emerging practices for cultural transformation through leadership in a fast-paced DevOps and Agile environment.
This course positions learners to successfully complete the DevOps Leader exam.
Who Should Attend
The target audience for the DevOps Leader course are professionals including:
Anyone starting or leading a DevOps cultural transformation program
Anyone interested in modern IT leadership and organizational change approaches
IT Team Leaders
Trainees must meet 100% attendance to qualify for claim.
2 Days / 16 Hours
- Course Goals
- Course Agenda
DevOps and Time
- What Is DevOps?
- Why Do DevOps
- Companies Doing DevOps
- The Magic Equation
Key Differences Between DevOps IT and Traditional IT
- What Sets DevOps IT apart from Traditional IT
- How DevOps IT is Organized Differently
- How to Perform to a Different Standard
- How to Use Different Measurements
Becoming a DevOps organization
- Transformational Leadership
- Redesigning an Organization for DevOps
- Design Principles
Value Stream Mapping
- What is Value Stream Mapping?
- Why Do We Need to Use this Framework?
- Types of Maps
- How to Create a Value Stream Map?
- Types of Data to Collect
- How to Handle Exceptions
Value Stream Mapping Exercise
Squad Organizational Model
- Conway's Law
- The Problem with Silos
- Spotify's Squad Organization Model (Structure, Roles)
- How to Reorganize in Order to Move to this Model
Managing Cultural Change
- What is Culture and How Does it Impact Performance?
- Types of IT Culture
- Cultural Traits of a DevOps Organization
- How to Manage Change
Culture and its Impact on Performance
- Types of IT Culture
- What is a DevOps Culture
- How To Manage Change
- The Three Phases Of Change
- Types of Changes That Need to be Implemented
Popular DevOps Tools and Practices
- DevOps Tools Periodic Table
- Top DevOps Tool Categories
- Common and Popular Practices
Building a Business Case
Bringing it all Together
Additional Sources of Information
- Exam Requirements, Question Weighting, and Terminology List
- Sample Exam Review
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Official Certification Exam
Successfully passing (65%) the 90-minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the candidates' designation as a certified DevOps Leader (DOL). The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute.
The learning objectives for DOL include a practical understanding of:
- DevOps and time to market
- The business and IT perspectives
- Key differences between DevOps IT and traditional IT
- Planning and organizing
- Understanding performance and culture
- Measurement differences
- Designing a DevOps organization
- Focusing on what matters
- Ideas for organizing workflows
- Sharing information
- Defining meaningful metrics
- Value stream mapping
- The Spotify Squad model
- Managing culture change
- Popular tools and key practices
- Putting it all together
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainer Ratio is 1:25
PDUs for Maintaining PMP Credential
This course is eligible for PDU Credits. Upon successful completion of this course, Project Management Professional (PMP) credential holders will be awarded 16 PDUs. Applicants need to access the PMI CCR System at https://ccrs.pmi.org/search/ to claim their PDU points with the following details:
Provider ID: 3163
Activity ID: DEVOPS1
Activity Name: DevOps Leader (DOL)
To view the full listing of courses that is eligible for PDU points, visit https://www.ntuclearninghub.com/courses/courses-by-category/it-academy/pdu-points/
|Before GST||With GST|
|Original Course Fee||$1,500.00||$1,605.00|
|Promo Course Fee (valid until 30 June 2020 by class start date)||$700.00||$749.00|
- Government institutions like Ministry, Statutory Board, Organs-of-State are not eligible for e2i funding. Contact us if in doubt.
Certification Exam Fee (optional):
$379.50 before GST / $406.07 with GST (click here to pay now)