Full program description
NICF - DevOps Foundation® (SF)
What's In It For Me
Learn about DevOps to support organizational efforts in reducing costs while increasing agility, quality and customer service; leverage case studies, real-world success stories, and metrics to demonstrate business success in this foundation-level course to support digital transformation.
NTUC LearningHub Course Code: NICF036
Skillsconnect Code: CRS-Q-0035750-ICT
As organizations are facing new entrants in their respective markets, they need to stay competitive and release new and updated products on a regular basis rather than one or two times a year.
The DevOps Foundation course provides a baseline understanding of key DevOps terminology to ensure everyone is talking the same language and highlights the benefits of DevOps to support organizational success.
The course includes the latest thinking, principles and practices from the DevOps community including real-world case studies from high performing organizations including ING Bank, Ticketmaster, Capital One, Alaska Air, Target, Fannie Mae, Societe Generale, and Disney that engage and inspire learners, leveraging multimedia and interactive exercises that bring the learning experience to life, including the Three Ways as highlighted in the Phoenix Project by Gene Kim and the latest from the State of DevOps report.
Learners will gain an understanding of DevOps, the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration, and automation to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals.
The course is designed for a broad audience, enabling those on the business side to obtain an understanding of Kubernetes and Containers. Those on the technical side will obtain an understanding as to the business value of DevOps to reduce cost (15-25% overall IT cost reduction) with increased quality (50-70% reduction in change failure rate) and agility (up to 90% reduction in provision and deployment time) to support business objectives in support of digital transformation initiatives.
Unique and exciting exercises will be used to apply the concepts covered in the course and sample documents, templates, tools, and techniques will be provided to use after the class.
This course positions learners to successfully complete the DevOps Foundation examination.
Who Should Attend
The target audience for the DevOps Foundation course includes Management, Operations, Developers, QA and Testing professionals such as:
2 Days / 16 Hours
- Defining DevOps
- Why Does DevOps Matter?
Core DevOps Principles
- The Three Ways
- The First Way
- The Theory of Constraints
- The Second Way
- The Third Way
- Chaos Engineering
- Learning Organizations
Key DevOps Practices
- Continuous Delivery
- Site Reliability & Resilience Engineering
Business and Technology Frameworks
- Safety Culture
- Learning Organizations
- Continuous Funding
Culture, Behaviors & Operating Models
- Defining Culture
- Behavioral Models
- Organizational maturity models
- Target Operating Models
Automation & Architecting DevOps Toolchains
- DevOps Toolchain
Measurement, Metrics, and Reporting
- The Importance of Metrics
- Technical Metrics
- Business Metrics
- Measuring & Reporting Metrics
Sharing, Shadowing and Evolving
- Collaborative Platforms
- Immersive, Experiential Learning
- DevOps Leadership
- Evolving Change
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NICF Statement of Attainments (SOA)
Upon completion of the course, students will also be awarded this NICF SOA:
- ICT-OUS-4011-1.1 Problem Management
Official Certification Exam
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Foundation Certificate. The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute.
The learning objectives for DevOps Foundation include an understanding of:
- DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Benefits to the business and IT
- Principles and practices including Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, testing, security and the Three Ways
- DevOps relationship to Agile, Lean and ITSM
- Improved workflows, communication and feedback loops
- Automation practices including deployment pipelines and DevOps toolchains
- Scaling DevOps for the enterprise
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Real-life examples and results
Familiarity with IT terminology and IT related work experience are recommended.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainer Ratio is 1:25
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
PDUs for Maintaining PMP Credential
This course is eligible for PDU Credits. Upon successful completion of this course, Project Management Professional (PMP) credential holders will be awarded 16 PDUs. Applicants need to access the PMI CCR System at https://ccrs.pmi.org/search/ to claim their PDU points with the following details:
Provider ID: 3163
Activity ID: NICF035
Activity Name: DevOps Foundation (SF)
To view the full listing of courses that is eligible for PDU points, visit https://www.ntuclearninghub.com/courses/courses-by-category/it-academy/pdu-points/
|Individual Sponsored||Company Sponsored|
|w/o GST||w GST||Non-SME||SME|
|w/o GST||w GST||w/o GST||w GST||w/o GST||w GST|
|Original Course Fee||$1,200.00||$1,284.00||$1,200.00||$1,284.00||$1,200.00||$1,284.00|
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$960.00||$1,044.00||$960.00||$1,044.00||$400.00||$484.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above||$400.00||$484.00||$400.00||$484.00||$400.00||$484.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)||$352.00||$436.00||$352.00||$436.00||$352.00||$436.00|
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
- Absentee payroll claimable by companies (SMEs and Non-SMEs) sponsoring candidates under WTS Scheme: Up to 95% of hourly basic salary (no dollar cap)
Certification Exam Fee:
$270.00 (before GST) / $288.90 (with GST)
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees
- NTUC Members can enjoy up to 50% funding (capped at $250 per year) under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP).