Full program description
Certified Agile Service Manager (CASM)®
What's In It For Me
Better. Faster. Stronger. Learn how to use Agile with ITSM (ITIL) to strengthen and secure your processes. A Certified Agile Service Manager is the working equivalent of a development Scrum Master. Together, Scrum Masters and Agile Service Managers can instill agile thinking into the entire IT organization as the basis of a DevOps culture.
NTUC LearningHub Course Code: DEVOPS3
This course provides an introduction to Agile Service Management, the application, and integration of agile thinking into service management processes and process design projects. Agile thinking improves ITs effectiveness and efficiency and enables IT to continue to deliver value in the face of changing requirements.
As Dev and Ops have been working in parallel with Dev focused on Agile/Scrum and Ops focused on ITSM/ITIL, this course strives to bring together individual achievements to deliver full business value. The course cross-pollinates Agile and ITSM practices to support end-to-end Agile Service Management, so Dev starts to manage services instead of products and Ops and ITSM become more agile by scaling to just enough process leading to improved flow of work and time to value.
Agile Service Management helps IT to meet customer requirements faster, improve the collaboration between Dev and Ops, overcome constraints in process workflows by taking an iterative approach to process design that will improve the velocity of process improvement teams to get more done.
This course positions learners to successfully complete the Certified Agile Service Manager exam.
Who Should Attend
The target audience for the CASM course is
Anyone interested in learning about Agile and Scrum from a products and process perspective
Process owners and process designers
Developers who are interested in helping make processes more agile
Managers who are looking to bridge multiple practices into a DevOps environment
Employees and managers responsible for designing, re-engineering or improving process
Consultants guiding their clients through process improvement and DevOps initiatives
Internal and external suppliers Process stakeholders
Trainees must meet 100% attendance to qualify for claim.
2 Days / 16 Hours
- The IT challenge today
- What does it mean to "be agile"?
- Why is Agile?
- The Agile Manifesto
- Agile principles
What does it take to "be agile"?
- Exercise: Reviewing Agile values
- Agile practices
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery
- Exercise: Leveraging multiple frameworks
What is Agile Service Management (Agile SM)?
- Definition and value
- Two aspects of Agile SM
- Agile Process Design
- Agile Process Improvement
Process design basics
- The elements of a process
- The 10 steps of process design
An Agile approach to process design
- Characteristics of an Agile Process
- How much is "just enough"?
- Minimum Viable Product
- Scrum pillars, values, and components
- Important terms
- Product owner
- Product Backlog
o Creating user stories
- Product backlog refinement
- Sprint Backlog
- Burndown chart
Agile Service Management artifacts
- Process Backlog
o User stories and ITSM processes
- Process increment
- Sprint Backlog (Agile SM context)
- Burndown chart (Agile SM context)
- Exercise: Writing a meaningful user story
- Release planning meeting
- Sprint planning meeting
- Daily Scrum
- Sprint Review
- Sprint Retrospective
- Definition of Done
Agile Service Management Events
- Process planning meeting
- Sprint planning meeting
- o Strategic and process activity sprints
- The Definition of Done for process sprints
- Daily Scrum (Agile SM context)
- Sprint Retrospective (Agile SM context)
Agile Process Improvement
- Agile Process Improvement audits
- The Process Backlog as a CSI Register
- CSI Sprints and Plan-Do-Check-Act
Exercise: Assessing process agility
Agile Service Management technologies
Aligning Agile SM and Agile software development
Getting started with Agile Service Management
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Official Certification Exam
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the candidates designation as a Certified Agile Service Manager. The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute.
The learning objectives for Certified Agile Service Manager (CASM) include an understanding of:
- What does it mean to be agile?
- The Agile Manifesto, its core values, and principles
- Agile concepts and practices including ITSM, Kanban, Lean and DevOps
- Learn about SCRUM from a product and process perspective
- Agile thinking and values into service management
- Scrum roles, artifacts, and events as it applies to both products and processes
- The two aspects of Agile Service Management:
- Agile Process Improvementensuring processes are lean and deliver just enough control
- Agile Process Designapplying Agile practices to process design projects
- Familiarity with IT service management processes and ITIL is recommended
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainer Ratio is 1:25
PDUs for Maintaining PMP Credential
This course is eligible for PDU Credits. Upon successful completion of this course, Project Management Professional (PMP) credential holders will be awarded 16 PDUs. Applicants need to access the PMI CCR System at https://ccrs.pmi.org/search/ to claim their PDU points with the following details:
Provider ID: 3163
Activity ID: DEVOPS3
Activity Name: Certified Agile Service Manager (CASM)
To view the full listing of courses that is eligible for PDU points, visit https://www.ntuclearninghub.com/courses/courses-by-category/it-academy/pdu-points/
|Before GST||With GST|
|Original Course Fee||$1,500.00||$1,605.00|
|Promo Course Fee (valid until 30 June 2020 by class start date)||$700.00||$749.00|
- Government institutions like Ministry, Statutory Board, Organs-of-State are not eligible for e2i funding. Contact us if in doubt.
Certification Exam Fee:
$269.10 before GST / $287.94 with GST (click here to pay now)
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees