Full program description
NICF - MYSQL and PHP: Developing Dynamic Web Applications (SF)
NTUC LearningHub Course Code: NICF122
SkillsConnect Code: CRS-Q-0032095-ICT
WordPress is used to create, launch, and maintain dynamic websites. WordPress is hailed as one of the most popular Content Management System (CMS) available today which is a database-driven web development application powered by PHP and MySQL.
Understand how to install and configure WordPress, and to create and manage content. Learn how to add functionality to suit the Web site with WordPress plugins. Learn how to make your website look great with WordPress Themes.
Hands-on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce leaning and develop competency.
Who Should Attend
Individuals who require a basic understanding of the WordPress to build dynamic Web pages.
Everyone interested in
o Using different themes and plugins to make the websites looking beautiful.
o Customizing themes and plugins to customize the appearance of Web pages.
4 Days / 32 Hours
Overview of WordPress
- Software Development Cycle
- Front-end and Back-end Environment
- Content Management System
- Introduction to WordPress
Setting up WordPress Software
- Software Hosting
- Software Installation
- MySQL Database
- Updating, backing-up, Migrating and Importing
- Software Licensing and Release Cycle
Exploring WordPress.com Dashboard
- WordPress Features
- Getting Started
- Starting to Blog
- Tools & Settings
- Exploring Dashboard
Creating a Website using WordPress.com
- Setting up
- Writing your blog
- Customize theme
- Updating Site
- Creating Menu
- Managing Users
- Managing Traffics
- Multisites and Limitation
- Setting up
- Tools and Settings
- Managing users
- Comments and Categories
- Write a Post and a Blog
- Upload Media Library
- Custom Fields
- What is a Theme and Customization?
- Finding Themes
- Adding Themes
- Examining Themes
- Different Themes
- Finding and Uploading Plugins
- Updating Plugins
- Exploring Plugins
Exploring SEO and Social Media
- Introducing Database
- Putting it Altogether
Web Usability and Image Graphics
- Graphics and Software
- Web Design Guidelines
- HTML Coding Standard
- CSS Coding Standard
- PHP Coding Standard
- Basic anatomy of a Theme
- Customizing Theme
- Examining Parent and Child Themes
- Diving into Theme Development
- Plugins Foundation
- Integrating in WordPress
- Best Practice
- Security, Settings
Mode of Assessment
Students will be required to complete a paper-based NICF assessment during class.
After completing the course, students can proceed to undertake the Programming in PHP (SF) training or MySQL Fundamentals (SF) or other related training courses.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NICF Statement of Attainments (SOA)
Upon completion of the course and assessment, students will also be awarded with these NICF SOAs:
- IT-IS-305S-1 Develop program
MySQL and PHP: Developing Dynamic Web Applications (SF)
After students pass the exam, they will receive an MySQL and PHP: Developing Dynamic Web Applications (SF) certification.
- Describe fundamental aspects of the WordPress application, and be able to use them to develop a web application.
- Apply the knowledge of HTML5, CSS, PHP and MySQL to customize the WordPress application.
- Design the architecture and implementation of a web application to meet functional requirements to meet user business needs.
- Customize a theme of WordPress application program.
- Customize a plug-in of WordPress application program.
No credit or certification pre-requisites required to take this course.
But it is recommended (but not mandatory) those participants:
- Have attended the Programming in PHP (SF).
- Have attended the MySQL Fundamentals (SF).
- Recognize basic concepts of the HTML and CSS.
- Know the basic computer skills of using the Word document.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee ratio is 1:25
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
Original Course Fee
Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above
Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding.
- NTUC Members can enjoy up to 50% funding (capped at $250 per year) under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP).
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
- Absentee payroll claimable by companies (SMEs and Non-SMEs) sponsoring candidates under WTS Scheme: Up to 95% of hourly basic salary (no dollar cap)
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.