Full program description
Oracle Private Cloud Appliance: Administration
The Oracle Private Cloud Appliance: Administration course teaches students about administration of the Private Cloud Appliance to provide Infrastructure as a Service. The course also teaches the policy driven provisioning of application servers, and management of the hardware configuration. The primary focus areas of this course include the administration of storage, network, memory, and CPU resources, and the management and monitoring of the Private Cloud Appliance components.
- Review the hardware and software installed and configured in the Private Cloud Appliance.
- Monitor the health of hardware.
- Allocate memory, CPU, network, and storage resources for effective virtualization support.
- Create, deploy, manage, and delete virtual machines.
- Configure the allocation of IaaS resources.
- Configure the Private Cloud Appliance Oracle VM environment in which virtualized servers run.
- Provide Infrastructure as a Service with Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control.
- Manage the efficient allocation of appliance resources.
- Design an effective disaster recovery solution for the Private Cloud Appliance.
- Perform a selection of activities on a simulated lab environment.
Benefits To You
The Oracle Private Cloud Appliance delivers on the promise of simplified cloud management. The converged infrastructure solution consists of preconfigured Oracle servers, network, and storage hardware and software. With this engineered system you create and maintain a highly configurable pool of memory, CPU, and storage resources for running applications in a virtualization environment. The administration procedures and techniques covered in this course enables:
- Cost reduction by eliminating multi-vendor integration.
- Eliminating the risk of cabling, hardware or software configuration errors.
- Reducing the amount of time taken to deploy new applications.
- Ensuring business continuity for IaaS consumers.
This course teaches you to create, deploy and manage virtualized servers and configure the Private Cloud Appliance Oracle VM environment in which virtualized servers run.
Who Should Attend
- Cloud Administrator
- Network Administrator
- System Integrator
- Systems Administrator
- Introduction and Installation
- Enterprise Deployment and Management of the Private Cloud Appliance
- Oracle VM for the Private Cloud Appliance
- Deploying and Examining a Virtual Machine
- Managing Oracle VM Networks and Storage
- Creating and Packaging Virtual Machines
- Virtual Machine Use Cases
- Appliance Rack Management
- Appliance Server Management
- Appliance Network Management
- Appliance Storage Management
- Appliance Password Management
- Appliance and Oracle VM System Backup
- Appliance Disaster Recovery
- Tenant Groups and Partitioning
- Capacity Planning and Management
- Plan and manage appliance resources
- Plan and implement disaster recovery strategies
- Isolate tenants with different Quality of Service requirements
- Clone a template to a virtual machine
- Configure a virtual machine to use the first-boot dialog
- Launch and complete an Oracle VM repository export
- Start, pause, resume, stop a virtual machine
- Connect to the Oracle VM Manager Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Examine virtual machine configuration with the Oracle VM CLI
- Create custom appliance and Oracle VM VLAN networks
- Assign repository storage to a virtual machine
- Create and clone virtual machines
- Clone a virtual appliance to a virtual machine
- Create a server processor compatibility group
- Oracle VM Server for x86: Administration Ed 2
- Experience configuring networks and storage in the data center and in a virtualized environment
- Experience creating, deploying and managing virtual machines
- Experience administering Oracle VM Server for x86
|List Price (before GST)||List Price (with GST)||Promo Price after 30% Discount (before GST)||Promo Price after 30% Discount (with GST)|