Full program description
Oracle GoldenGate 12c: Fundamentals for Oracle
This Oracle GoldenGate 12c: Fundamentals for Oracle training focuses on Oracle-to-Oracle database replication. Expert Oracle University instructors will deep dive into the Oracle GoldenGate architecture, walking you through various product features.
- Install Oracle GoldenGate on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Issue GGSCI commands.
- Configure, start, stop and monitor Change Capture and Delivery processes.
- Manage Extract trails and files using Data Pump and logdump.
- Create parameter files to transform data.
- Manage multiple Oracle GoldenGate instances.
Benefits to You
Integrate your organization's disparate data across heterogeneous databases for improved decision-making. Become more efficient at configuring and implementing Oracle GoldenGate.
Install GoldenGate Installation & Command Line
You'll learn to install Oracle GoldenGate and prepare the source and target environments. Enrolling in this course teaches you how to use the Oracle GoldenGate command line interface (GGSCI) efficiently.
Learn GoldenGate Configuration Processes
You'll also develop the knowledge and skills to configure Change Capture (Extract), Change Delivery (Replicat) and Initial Load. You'll learn how to extract trails and files using Data Pump, create parameter files and manage Oracle GoldenGate instances.
Uni- and Bi-Directional Replication
Capture of both DML and DDL will be configured for both uni- and bi-directional replication with collision detection.
Explore New Features in 12c
Features new to 12c, such as Integrated Apply and Wallet, are highlighted along the way. This course is based on Oracle GoldenGate version 12.1.2. Please note that the labs are done in Linux.
Who Should Attend
- Database Administrator
- System Integrator
- Creating Oracle GoldenGate Topologies
- Reviewing Oracle GoldenGate Use Cases
- Assembling Building Blocks
- Listing Supported OS
- Listing Supported Databases
- Listing the Oracle GoldengGate Product Line
- Describing GUI Management Options
- Listing Non-Database Sources and Targets
Oracle GoldenGate Architecture
- Describing Oracle GoldenGate Process Groups
- Explaining Change Capture and Delivery (with and without a Data Pump)
- Explaining Initial Data Load
- Contrasting Batch and Online Operation
- Explaining Oracle GoldenGate Checkpointing
- Describing Commit Sequence Numbers (CSN)
- Describing Oracle GoldenGate Files and Directories
Installing Oracle GoldenGate
- Listing System Requirements
- Performing Installation
- Configuring Environment Variables
- Using GGSCI
- Running Oracle GoldenGate from the OS shell.
Configuration Overview and Preparing the Environment
- Reviewing Configuration Overview
- Configuring Manager Process
- Creating Source Definitions
- Preparing the Source Database
- Assigning Oracle Database Roles/Privileges Required
- Using DBMS_GOLDENGATE_AUTH Package
Configuring Change Capture (Extract)
- Reviewing Extract Overview
- Accessing Logs on Oracle ASM
- Accessing Logs Remotely
- Configuring Extract Tasks
- Adding Extract Group
- Editing Extract Parameters
- Extracting Use of Archived Transaction Logs
- Adding Trails
Configuring Change Delivery (Replicat)
- Reviewing Replicat Overview
- Configuring Replicat Tasks
- Configuring a Sample Environment
- Configuring New Integrated Replicat
Configuring Extract Trails and Files (Data Pump)
- Reviewing Extract Trails and Files Overview
- Describing Trail Formats
- Using Logdump for Viewing Trails
- Reversing the Trail Sequence
- Configuring and Using Data Pumps
Performing Initial Load
- Oracle GoldenGate Methods
- Listing Database-specific Methods
- Describing Resource Limitations
- Listing Advantages of Oracle GoldenGate Methods
- Configuring File Load Methods
- Configuring Direct Load Methods
- Handling Collisions with Initial Load
- Design replication solutions using Oracle GoldenGate products and environments
- Install Oracle GoldenGate and prepare the source and target database (assumes Oracle-to-Oracle replication)
- Issue GGSCI commands (batch Obey scripts and command-line interactive)
- Configure, start, stop, and monitor Change Capture (Extract), Change Delivery (Replicat), and Initial Load
- Manage Extract trails and files using Data Pump and utilities such as logdump
- Control network transmission using compression and encryption
- Transform data
|List Price (before GST)||List Price (with GST)||Promo Price after 30% Discount (before GST)||Promo Price after 30% Discount (with GST)|