Full program description
Provisioning SQL Databases (SF)
What's In It For Me
- Be trained in using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Gain knowledge and skills to provision a Microsoft SQL Server 2016 database.
- Learn how to use SQL Server product features and tools.
NTUC LearningHub Course Code: NICF133
Skillsconnect Code: CRS-Q-0032032-ICT
Microsoft Course Code: 20765A
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to provision a Microsoft SQL Server 2016 database. The course covers SQL Server 2016 provision both on-premise and in Azure, and covers installing from new and migrating from an existing install.
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
SQL Server 2016 Components
Describe the SQL Server platform, SQL Server services, and SQL Server configuration options.
- Introduction to the SQL Server Platform
- Overview of SQL Server Architecture
- SQL Server Services and Configuration Options
Installing SQL Server 2016
This module describes the process to install SQL Server 2016.
- Considerations for installing SQL Server
- TempDB Files
- Installing SQL Server 2016
- Automating Installation
Upgrading SQL Server to SQL Server 2016
This module describes how you go about upgrading your current SQL Server installation to SQL Server 2016.
- Upgrade Requirements
- Upgrade SQL Server Services
- Migrating SQL Server Data and Applications
Deploying SQL Server on Microsoft Azure
This module describes the options available to run SQL Server on Azure.
- SQL Server Virtual Machines in Azure
- Deploying an Azure SQL Database
- Migrating an On-Premise Database to an Azure SQL Database
Working with Databases
This module describes the preinstalled system databases, the physical structure of databases and the most common configuration options related to them.
- Overview of SQL Server Databases
- Creating Databases
- Database Files and Filegroups
- Moving Database Files
- Buffer Pool Extension
Database Storage Options
At the end of this module you will be able to describe the database storage options.
- SQL Server storage Performance
- SMB Fileshare
- SQL Server Storage in Azure
- Stretch Databases
Performing Database Maintenance
This module covers database maintenance.
- Ensuring Database Integrity
- Maintaining Indexes
- Automating Routine Database Maintenance
Mode of Assessment
Students must complete a paper-based NICF assessment during class.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NICF Statement of Attainments (SOAs)
Upon completion of the course, students will also be awarded with SOAs from SSG.
- Provision a Database Server
- Upgrade SQL Server
- Configure SQL Server
- Manage Databases and Files (shared)
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design
These prerequisites can be achieved by attending course NICF Querying Data with Transact-SQL
- SSG Funding
This course is aligned to the National Infocomm Competency Framework (NICF) and accredited by SSG with Cat-B Funding (PME Level).
Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture credit to offset course fee payable after SSG funding.
Course Fee with SSG Cat-B funding
|Individual Sponsored||Company Sponsored|
|w/o GST||w GST||Non-SME||SME|
|w/o GST||w GST||w/o GST||w GST|
|Original Course Fee||$1,800.00||$1,926.00||$1,800.00||$1,926.00||$1,800.00||$1,926.00|
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$1,440.00||$1,566.00||$1,440.00||$1,566.00||$600.00||$726.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above||$600.00||$726.00||$600.00||$726.00||$600.00||$726.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)||$528.00||$654.00||$528.00||$654.00||$528.00||$654.00|
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
- Absentee payroll claimable by companies (SMEs and Non-SMEs) sponsoring candidates under WTS Scheme: Up to 95% of hourly basic salary (no dollar cap)
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees