Full program description
What's In It For Me
- Learn how to build QlikView applications.
- Learn to create and build data visualisations and reports from data.
- Able to present data in a clearer way for easier understanding and making important decisions.
NTUC LearningHub Course Code: QLIKV03
QlikView Developer is a must if you are building QlikView applications. Knowledge of the data model, creation of the proper data connections and scripting fundamentals are critical to creating QlikView applications that provide your organization with powerful business discovery tools. QlikView Developer provides you with an opportunity to learn by doing through a series of lectures and hands-on exercises focused on developing QlikView applications. Beginning with the QlikView environment and covering topics such as data modeling, synthetic keys and how to use the script editor, the Developer course will prepare you to take your QlikView applications to the next level. The course concludes with a business case where you can practice your skills in building a QlikView application from the beginning using identified key performance indicators.
W.e.f. 1st Sep 2017, participants will receive digital course materials for Qlik courses. Participants must provide a valid email ID at the point of course registration, and the access to course materials will be sent via the email address provided.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for
- Business Analysts
- Data Architects
- Development & Deployment
- Connect, select and load
- Loading data from the database
- Synthetic keys
- Basic data model and Table Viewer
- Adding text data
- Basic data transformation
- Generating data in QlikView script
- Scripting considerations
- Master calendar
- Mapping tables
- Data model optimization
- Scripting and data model challenges
- Loading budget data
- Advanced calculations in sheet objects
- QlikView data (Qvd) files
- Performance optimization
- QlikView security
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create a data model in QlikView
- Build a QlikView application
- Resolve data structure issues
- Access the Debugger
- Define the advanced uses of the script editor
- Use Transformative Functions in the script
- Discuss Synthetic Keys
For a good learning experience with this course, students are required to have the following:
- QlikView Designer course