Full program description
NICF - Data Visualisation with Qlik Sense (SF)
Alternate Course Title: Create Visualisations with Qlik Sense
NTUC LearningHub Course Code: NICF023
SSG Skillsconnect Code: CRS-Q-0032023-ICT
NICF Data Visualisation with Qlik Sense, a scenario-based course, addresses the fundamentals required to enable you for self-service visualisation and discovery. The course combines demonstrations and hands-on exercises to teach the essential concepts for designing beautiful and effective Qlik Sense visualisations and guided stories.
Additionally, you will look in-depth at the different visualisations and selecting the appropriate one for your data and the type of questions you need to answer. This course combines demonstrations and hands-on exercises to teach the concepts for designing Qlik Sense visualisations and guided stories.
W.e.f. 1st Sep 2017, you will receive digital course materials for Qlik courses. You must provide a valid email ID at the point of course registration, and the access to course materials will be sent via the email address provided.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for:
- Business Users
- Business Analysts
- Data Architects and
- QlikView Developers who want to know more about the self-service capabilities of Qlik Sense
- Getting started with Qlik Sense
- Loading Data
- Enhancing your apps
- Sharing your insights
- Delivering and next steps
Mode of Assessment
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NICF Statement of Attainments (SOAs)
Upon completion of the course, you will also be awarded SOAs from SSG.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Perform advanced analysis in Qlik Sense
- Identify data types and explain how they are interpreted as visualisations
- Design and create Qlik Sense visualisations, based on user-centred workflows, for others to use
- Discuss concepts of data visualisation and how they are implemented in Qlik Sense
- Identify best practices for Qlik Sense visualisation design
- Share insights with Qlik Sense guided story-telling
- Explain how Qlik Senses responsive design enables developing multi-screen design
- Share apps on cloud with others
It is required that you need to meet the following criteria:
- Basic Computer Literacy
- Basic PC Operating System Navigation Skills
- Basic Internet Usage Skills
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills. In particular, Excel formulas such as SUM, COUNT, AVERAGE and IF
You would need to download the following software before attending the VLC class:
* We will use ZOOM as the training platform and webcam and Mic are compulsory
PDUs for Maintaining PMP Credential
This course is eligible for PDU Credits. Upon successful completion of this course, Project Management Professional (PMP) credential holders will be awarded with 16 PDUs. Applicants need to access the PMI CCR System at https://ccrs.pmi.org/search/ to claim their PDU points with the following details:
Provider ID: 3163
Activity ID: NICF023
Activity Name: Data Visualization with Qlik Sense (SF)
To view the full listing of courses that is eligible for PDU points, visit https://www.ntuclearninghub.com/courses/courses-by-category/it-academy/pdu-points/
Course Fee with SSG Cat-B funding
|Individual Sponsored||Company Sponsored|
|w/o GST||w GST||Non-SME||SME|
|w/o GST||w GST||w/o GST||w GST|
|Original Course Fee||$900.00||$963.00||$900.00||$963.00||$900.00||$963.00|
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$660.00||$723.00||$660.00||$723.00||$100.00||$163.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above||$100.00||$163.00||$100.00||$163.00||$100.00||$163.00|
- Individual Sponsored
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding.
- NTUC Members can enjoy up to 50% funding (capped at $250 per year) under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP).
- Company Sponsored
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
This course is aligned to the National Infocomm Competency Framework (NICF) and accredited by SSG with Cat-B Funding (PME Level).
Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture credit to offset course fee payable after SSG funding.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim.
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees