Full program description
NICF - Data Visualization with Qlik Sense
What's In It For Me
- Grasp the essential concepts and functions of Qlik Sense.
- Learn to create and build data visualisations and reports from data.
- Able to present data in a clearer way for easier understanding and making important decisions.
Alternate Course Title: Create Visualizations with Qlik Sense
NICF Data Visualization with Qlik Sense, a scenario-based course, addresses the fundamentals required to enable you for self-service visualization and discovery. The course combines demonstrations and hands-on exercises to teach the essential concepts for designing beautiful and effective Qlik Sense visualizations and guided stories.
Additionally, you will look in depth at the different visualizations and selecting the appropriate one for your data and the type of questions you need to answer. This course combines demonstrations and hands-on exercises to teach the concepts for designing Qlik Sense visualizations and guided stories.
W.e.f. 1st Sep 2017, participants will receive digital course materials for Qlik courses. Participants must provide a valid email ID at the point of course registration, and the access to course materials will be sent via the email address provided.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for
- Business Users
- Business Analysts
- Data Architects and
- QlikView Developers who want to know more about the self-service capabilities of Qlik Sense
- Getting started with Qlik Sense
- Loading Data
- Enhancing your apps
- Sharing your insights
- Delivering and next steps
Mode of Assessment
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NICF Statement of Attainments (SOAs)
Upon completion of the course, students will also be awarded with SOAs from SSG.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Perform advanced analysis in Qlik Sense
- Identify data types and explain how they are interpreted as visualizations
- Design and create Qlik Sense visualizations, based on user-centered workflows, for others to use
- Discuss concepts of data visualization and how they are implemented in Qlik Sense
- Identify best practices for Qlik Sense visualization design
- Share insights with Qlik Sense guided story-telling
- Explain how Qlik Senses responsive design enables developing multi-screen design
- Share apps on cloud with others
It is required that students need to meet the following criteria:
- Basic Computer Literacy
- Basic PC Operating System Navigation Skills
- Basic Internet Usage Skills
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills. In particular, Excel formulas such as SUM, COUNT, AVERAGE and IF
- SSG Funding
This course is aligned to the National Infocomm Competency Framework (NICF) and accredited by SSG with Cat-B Funding (PME Level).
- SkillsFuture Credit
Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture credit to offset course fee payable after SSG funding.
- Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim.
NTUC LearningHub Course Code: NICF023
SSG Skillsconnect Code: CRS-Q-0030785-IT
Course Fee with SSG Cat-B funding
|Individual Sponsored||Company Sponsored|
|w/o GST||w GST||Non-SME||SME|
|w/o GST||w GST||w/o GST||w GST|
|Original Course Fee||$900.00||$963.00||$900.00||$963.00||$900.00||$963.00|
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$660.00||$723.00||$660.00||$723.00||$100.00||$163.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above||$100.00||$163.00||$100.00||$163.00||$100.00||$163.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)||$45.00||$108.00||$45.00||$108.00||$45.00||$108.00|
- Individual Sponsored
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Company Sponsored
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
- Absentee payroll claimable by companies (SMEs and Non-SMEs) sponsoring candidates under WTS Scheme: Up to 95% of hourly basic salary (no dollar cap)
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees