Full program description
Data Modeling for Qlik Sense
What's In It For Me
- Learn to create and build data visualisations and reports from data.
- Able to present data in a clearer way for easier understanding and making important decisions.
Data Modeling for Qlik Sense is a technical course for you to learn to develop a coherent data model in Qlik Sense by loading and transforming multiple data sources. With information, tools, techniques, and exercises, this course includes topics dealing with: data connections, cleansing and transforming source data, resolving data model issues, optimization for performance, using QlikView Data Files (QVD) files, application development on Qlik Sense server.
NOTE: The course objectives for this course closely align with the QlikView Developer course. You do not need to take this course if you have already taken the QlikView Developer course.
W.e.f. 1st Sep 2017, participants will receive digital course materials for Qlik courses. Participants must provide a valid email ID at the point of course registration, and the access to course materials will be sent via the email address provided.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for
- Business Users
- Business Analysts
- Data Architects and
- QlikView Developers who want to know more about the self-service capabilities of Qlik Sense
- Basic data modeling concepts
- Data connections
- Structuring the script
- Loading Data and Data transformations
- Resolving data issues
- Generating data with the script
- Debugging a data load
- Scripting and data model challenges
- Advanced Calculations
- Direct discovery
- Performance Considerations
- Working with server
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Perform advanced analysis in Qlik Sense
- Identify data types and explain how they are interpreted as visualizations
- Design and create Qlik Sense visualizations, based on user-centered workflows, for others to use
- Discuss concepts of data visualization and how they are implemented in Qlik Sense
- Identify best practices for Qlik Sense visualization design
- Share insights with Qlik Sense guided story-telling
- Explain how Qlik Senses responsive design enables developing multi-screen design
- Share apps on cloud with others
It is required that students need to meet the following criteria:
- Basic Computer Literacy
- Basic PC Operating System Navigation Skills
- Basic Internet Usage Skills
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills. In particular, Excel formulas such as SUM, COUNT, AVERAGE and IF
- Creating Visualizations with Qlik Sense (advantageous)
- Database and SQL query knowledge
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Instructor led or Virtual Instructor led*
Price = S$2700.00 (excluding GST)
For more information on this course (including discounts and promotions), please enquire with us.