Full program description
Tableau Desktop II: Intermediate
This course is only available for corporate customers, who are interested in private class.
This course is designed to expand your skills and distinguish yourself as a Tableau power user. It's structured for those who have a working experience with Tableau and want to take it to the next level. You should understand how to build basic worksheets and dashboards, but may scratch your head when working with more complex issues.
Who Should Attend
2 Days / 14 Hours
- Working with single data sources
- Using multiple data sources
- Using calculations in Tableau
- Advanced table calculations
- Creating and using parameters
- Defining subsets of your data
- Tableau geocoding
- Viewing distributions
- Statistics and forecasting
- Dashboards and stories
Mode of Assessment
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NTUC LearningHub Certificate of Attendance from Tableau
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Build advanced chart types and visualizations.
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data.
- Use statistical techniques to analyze your data.
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values.
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
- Prep your data for analysis.
- Combine data sources using data blending.
- Combine data from multiple tables in the same data source using joins.
- Make your visualizations perform as well as possible by using the Data Engine, extracts, and efficient connection methods.
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
- Implement efficiency tips and tricks.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Tableau Desktop I: Fundamentals or equivalent experience.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee ratio is 1:15
This course includes a course manual containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained. It also includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities.