Full program description
Tableau Desktop I: Fundamentals
This course is only available for corporate customers, who are interested in private class.Build a solid foundation in Tableau. This course is for anyone who works with data, regardless of technical or analytical backgrounds. You'll learn how to navigate the product and examine core concepts and techniques in Tableau. Move from creating visualizations to combining them in interactive dashboards.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for the beginner Tableau user. It is for anyone who works with data regardless of technical or analytical background. This course is designed to help you understand and use the important concepts and techniques in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards.
2 Days / 14 Hours
- Connecting to data
- Simplifying and sorting your data
- Organizing your data
- Slicing your data by date
- Using multiple measures in a view
- Showing the relationship between numerical values
- Mapping data geographically
- Viewing specific values
- Customizing your data
- Analyzing data with quick table calculations
- Showing breakdowns of the whole
- Highlighting data with reference lines
- Making your views available
Mode of Assessment
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NTUC LearningHub Certificate of Attendance from Tableau
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Connect to your data.
- Edit and save a data source.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations.
- Represent your data using the following visualization types:
- Cross tabs
- Geographic maps
- Heat maps
- Tree maps
- Pie charts and bar charts
- Dual axis and combined charts with different mark types
- Highlight Tables
- Scatter Plots
- Build dashboards to share visualizations.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee ratio is 1:15
This course includes a course manual containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained. It also includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities.