Full program description
Data Appreciation To Extract Business Value
What's In It For Me
This course will provide learners with the knowledge which will allow them to reapply their knowledge gained in the course if they choose to go into this career path of Data Intelligence using other platforms such as Qlik Sense, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI or even Python and R.
This course is the foundation course for data analytic, designed for Excel learners who would like to know more about what is data analytics and what are the steps and milestone that is involved. Learners would be using one of the applications that they are familiar with, that is Microsoft Excel to walk through the different milestone in a project cycle to have an idea of what is involved.
Learners will familiarize themselves with terms such as Big Data, Data collection, ETL, Relationship, Data Visualization etc using features such as Data Validation, Power Query and Pivot Table to ingest the data.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for anyone who wants to take the data analysis technologies in Excel beyond formulas and add more advanced capabilities such as dashboards, hierarchies, and relationships.
2 Days / 14 Hours
Ensuring the Data Quality
- Writing of formulas in Data Validation
- Text Functions
Exploratory Data Analysis
- Understand your data
- Data Type Used
- Discrete and
Working with Dynamic Table
- Create Data Tables
- Understand how it can be used
- Perform ETL using Microsoft Power Query
- Creating Dashboard using Pivot Table
- Understand the limitation of Pivot Table and Charts
- Time Data
The Excel Data Model
- Using an Excel Data Model
- External Data
Explore an Excel Data Model
- Add Multiple Tables
- Create Relationships
- Add External Data
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NTUC LearningHub Certificate of Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Ensure data quality when collecting data
- Data Prep using Power Query
- Data Visualization using Pivot Table
- Data Modelling using relationships
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets including formulas.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee ratio is 1:20
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
|Full Course Fees (Before GST)||GST||Fees after Funding (With GST)|
|Singaporeans and PR||$780.00||$54.60||$288.60|
- NTUC Members can enjoy up to 50% funding (capped at $250 per year) under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP).