Full program description
Data Appreciation To Extract Business Value
This course is the foundation course for data analytic, designed for Excel learners who would like to know more about what is data analytics and what are the steps and milestone that is involved. You would be using one of the applications that they are familiar with, that is Microsoft Excel to walk through the different milestone in a project cycle to have an idea of what is involved.
You will familiarise yourselves with terms such as Big Data, Data collection, ETL, Relationship, Data Visualisation etc using features such as Data Validation, Power Query and Pivot Table to ingest the data.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for anyone who wants to take the data analysis technologies in Excel beyond formulas and add more advanced capabilities such as dashboards, hierarchies, and relationships.
2 Days / 14 Hours
Ensuring the Data Quality
- Writing of formulas in Data Validation
- Text Functions
Exploratory Data Analysis
- Understand your data
- Data Type Used
- Discrete and Continuous
Working with Dynamic Table
- Create Data Tables
- Understand how it can be used
- Perform ETL using Microsoft Power Query
- Creating Dashboard using Pivot Table
- Understand the limitation of Pivot Table and Charts
- Time Data
The Excel Data Model
- Using an Excel Data Model
- External Data
Explore an Excel Data Model
- Add Multiple Tables
- Create Relationships
- Add External Data
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NTUC LearningHub Certificate of Completion
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Ensure data quality when collecting data
- Data Prep using Power Query
- Data Visualisation using Pivot Table
- Data Modelling using relationships
Before attending this course, you must have:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets including formulas
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee Ratio is 1:20
|Full Course Fees (Before GST)||GST||Fees after Funding (With GST)|
|Singaporeans and PR||$780.00||$54.60||$288.60|
Applicant of funding is to remain employed for 3 months by the company after the course end.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.