Full program description
Business Analytics using Power BI
This powerful collection of software, apps, and services will help you analyse your organisation's data and uncover insights and trends. This course will show you how to link and model data in Power BI and create visual reports that reveal data insights. Although the Power BI desktop client will be the primary focus, an introduction to the Power BI web app will also be provided.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for students who are experienced with analysing data with Excel and who wish to add BI techniques.
The course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data.
2 Days / 14 Hours
Lesson 1: Getting Started
- An Introduction to Power BI
- Working with Power BI Desktop Files
- Connecting to Data Sources with Power BI Desktop
- Creating a Report with Visualisations
- Doing More with Visualisations
Lesson 2: Working with Data
- Transforming and Sanitising Data
- Using the Query EditorData Modelling
- Managing Relationships
Lesson 3: Working with Reports and Visualisations
- Managing Report Pages
- Changing Report View Options
- Working with Visualisations
- Adding Static Objects to a Report
Lesson 4: A Closer Look at Visualizations
- TOPIC A: Matrixes, Tables, and Charts
- TOPIC B: Maps
- TOPIC C: Cards, Gauges, and KPIs
- TOPIC D: Slicers
Lesson 5: Introduction to the Power BI Web App
- TOPIC A: Getting Started
- TOPIC B: Connecting to Data Sources with the Power BI Web App
- TOPIC C: Using Workspaces, Dashboards, and Reports
- TOPIC D: Creating Custom Dashboards
- TOPIC E: Power BI Web App Features
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NTUC LearningHub Certificate of Completion
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Work with Data to transform and sanitise data, use the query editor, model data and manage relationships
- Create an interactive dashboard that allows the stakeholder to filter information
- Work with charts, such as maps, treemap etc for the display of information
- Presenting and sharing of the finished dashboard using Power BI Web App
Before attending this course, you must have:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Extensive knowledge of Excel spreadsheets including formulas, charts, filtering, sorting, and sub-total
You would need to download the following software before attending the VLC class:
* We will use ZOOM as the training platform and webcam and Mic are compulsory
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee Ratio is 1: 20
Full Course Fee
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.