Full program description
Business Analytics using Power BI
What's In It For Me
User who has been using Microsoft Excel to create report and dashboard but discover that the data has grown too big for Microsoft Excel to handle which result in frequent stalling or hanging while refreshing Pivot Table. User who want to create interactive dashboard for stakeholders to freely slice and dice for information in different perspective to make a decision.
This powerful collection of software, apps, and services will help you analyze your organizations data and uncover insights and trends. This course will show you how to link and model data in Power BI and create visual reports that reveal data insights. Although the Power BI desktop client will be the primary focus, an introduction to the Power BI web app will also be provided.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for students who are experienced with analyzing data with Excel and who wish to add BI techniques.
The course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data.
2 Days / 14 Hours
Lesson 1: Getting Started
- An Introduction to Power BI
- Working with Power BI Desktop Files
- Connecting to Data Sources with Power BI Desktop
- Creating a Report with Visualizations
- Doing More with Visualizations
Lesson 2: Working with Data
- Transforming and Sanitizing Data
- Using the Query EditorData Modeling
- Managing Relationships
Lesson 3: Working with Reports and Visualizations
- Managing Report Pages
- Changing Report View Options
- Working with Visualizations
- Adding Static Objects to a Report
Lesson 4: A Closer Look at Visualizations
- TOPIC A: Matrixes, Tables, and Charts
- TOPIC B: Maps
- TOPIC C: Cards, Gauges, and KPIs
- TOPIC D: Slicers
Lesson 5: Introduction to the Power BI Web App
- TOPIC A: Getting Started
- TOPIC B: Connecting to Data Sources with the Power BI Web App
- TOPIC C: Using Workspaces, Dashboards, and Reports
- TOPIC D: Creating Custom Dashboards
- TOPIC E: Power BI Web App Features
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NTUC LearningHub Certificate of Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Work with Data to transform and sanitize data, use the query editor, model data and manage relationships.
- Create an interactive dashboard that allow the stakeholder to filter information
- Work with charts, such as maps, treemap etc for the display of information
- Presenting and sharing of finished dashboard using Power BI Web App
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel spreadsheets including formulas, charts, filtering, sorting, and sub-totals.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee ratio is 1:20
NTUC Members can enjoy up to 50% funding (capped at $250 per year) with Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP).
Full Course Fee