Full program description
Analyzing Data with Microsoft Excel (20779)
What's In It For Me
This course is scheduled for launch in Q2 2018 Q3 2018. To express your interest in this course, please fill up our form at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6MBPSFV. We will contact you when we get closer to course launch date.
The main purpose of the course is to give students the ability to add BI techniques to Excel data analysis. The course goes beyond the capabilities of tables and charts and uses Pivot Charts, the Excel Data Model, and Power BI.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for students who are experienced with analyzing data with Excel and who wish to add BI techniques.
The course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data.
3 Days / 21 Hours
Data Analysis in Excel
- Classic Data Analysis with Excel
- Excel Pivot Tables
- Limitations of Classic Data Analysis
The Excel Data Model
- Using an Excel Data Model
Importing Data from Files
- Importing Data into Excel
- Shaping and Transforming Data
- Loading Data
Importing Data from Databases
- Available Data Sources
- Previewing, Shaping, and Transforming
- Table Relationships and Hierarchies
- Loading Data
Importing Data from Excel Reports
- Importing Data from Excel Reports
- Transforming Excel report Data
Creating and Formatting Measures
- Advanced DAX Functions
Visualizing Data in Excel
- Pivot Charts
- Cube Functions
- Charts for Cube Functions
Using Excel with Power BI
- Power BI
- Uploading Excel Data to Power BI
- Power BI Mobile App
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NTUC LearningHub Certificate of Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explore and extend a classic Excel
- Explore and extend an Excel data model.
- Pre-format and import a .CSV file.
- Import data from a SQL Server database
- Import data from a report.
- Create measures using advanced DAX
- Create data visualizations in Excel.
- Create a Power BI dashboard with Excel.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows
operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of relational
- Extensive knowledge of Excel
spreadsheets including formulas, charts, filtering, sorting, and sub-totals.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee ratio is 1:20
Learner can take the exam 70-779 for accreditation by Microsoft. Together with exam 70-778 to get the MCSA: BI Reporting.