Full program description
Identify and map out key stakeholder relationships
Learners will lean how to identify and map out key stakeholder relationships, needs and
interests, and coordinate with stakeholders on a day-to-day basis.
Who Should Attend
Targetted at Data Protection Executives, or team members assisting Data Protection Officers.
2 Days/16 hours
Stakeholder mapping techniques
- What is stakeholder mapping
- Four phases of mapping
Stakeholders roles and relationships and impact on organisation
- Structuring teams
- Roles and responsibilties
Stakeholder engagement strategies
- Communicate and disclose
Basic stakeholder communication and negotiation techniques
- Communication and Training Strategies
- Notification to stakeholder about PD policies and practices
o Internal stakeholders
o External stakeholders
- Guide to Handling Access Requests
- Guide to Data Protection Clauses for Agreements Relating to the Processing of Personal Data
- Guide to Developing a Data Protection Management Programme
- Guide to Active Enforcement
- Guide to Accountability under the Personal Data Protection Act
- Data Protection Notice Generator
Mode of Assessment
Learners will be required to undergo assessment, consisting of a written test and oral
questioning. Both will be conducted in the classroom
Learners will have knowledge of the following:
- Stakeholder mapping techniques.
- Stakeholders' roles and relationships, and their impact on the organisation.
- Stakeholder engagement strategies.
- Basic stakeholder communication and negotiation techniques.
Learners will be able to perform the following:
- Apply knowledge of the organisations personal data protection position and respond to general public queries and feedback
- Draft notification to notify stakeholders about organisations personal data policies and practices
- Communicate and raise awareness about data protection policies to internal stakeholders
- Coordinate with business functions on escalated issues raised in respect to complaints on personal data
- Execute basic activities with stakeholders on a day-to-day basis
- Conduct stakeholder mapping to identify facets and nature of relationships with and between stakeholders
- Articulate each stakeholders role and responsibilities
- Share organisations personal data protection procedures when interacting with stakeholders
- Engage internal and external stakeholders regularly to set and align expectations and exchange feedback
1. Learner has attended and is competent for module titled Fundamentals of Personal Data Protection Act or its equivalent
2. Learners are assumed to be able to:
- Understand relevant organisational strategies, objectives, culture, policies, processes and products / services;
- Have information gathering skills to gather and collate necessary data;
- Have analytical skills to assess policies and procedures;
- Have business writing skills to prepare management report;
- Have interpersonal and communication skills to interact with relevant stakeholders;
- Have facilitation skills to ask the right questions to elicit necessary information; and
- Be aware of compliance requirements of organisation.
Price to be advised.