Full program description
Engaging, communicating and clarifying responsibilities with Stakeholders
Learners will learn how to serve as the organisations personal data protection main contact
point for stakeholder communications, clarifying responsibilities among stakeholders and
engaging them to align expectations.
Who Should Attend
1. Targetted at Data Protection Officers
2. Staff who formulate and review data protection policies
3. Staff who develop data protection management programmes
2 Days/16 hours
Analysis of stakeholder relationships
- Stakeholder roles
- Stakeholder responsibilities
- Understanding stakeholders
- Prioritizing stakeholders
Communications with key stakeholders
- PDPA obligations
- Organisations policies and practices
- Reporting of risks associated with personal data and breaches
- Setting data protection agenda at board/management meetings
- Communications and engagement plan with stakeholders
- Obtaining feedback from stakeholders
Conflict resolution techniques and approaches
- Objectives of resolving conflict
- Methods of resolving conflict
o Unilateral decision
o Problem solving
Negotiation techniques for gaining consensus
- Negotiation skills
- Stages of a negotiation
o Clarification of goals
o Negotiate towards a win-win outcome
o Implementation of a course of action
- Guide to Handling Access Requests
- Guide to Data Protection Clauses for Agreements Relating to the Processing of Personal Data
- Guide to Developing a Data Protection Management Programme
- Guide to Active Enforcement
- Guide to Accountability under the Personal Data Protection Act
Mode of Assessment
Learners will be required to undergo assessment, consisting of a written test and oral
questioning. Both will be conducted in the classroom
Learners will have knowledge of the following:
- Analysis of stakeholder relationships and levels of interest, power and impact.
- Conflict resolution techniques and approaches.
- Negotiation techniques and skills to gain consensus.
Learners will be able to perform the following:
- Advise internal and external stakeholders on PDPA obligations and policies, and reporting risks associated with personal data
- Highlight issues or conflicts between data protection and business needs
- Manage a data protection education programme for all staff on personal data protection policies and processes to foster awareness within the organisation
- Set the data protection agenda at management/board meetings to get support, direction and feedback on personal data protection-related activities
- Analyse complexities of stakeholder relationship and determine their level of interest, power and impact on the organisation
- Work with HR/Comms team to develop a stakeholder engagement plan to guide communications with different groups of stakeholders
- Consult stakeholders to align interests or goals and arrive at mutually beneficial arrangements.
- Review feedback from stakeholders and recommend improvements to stakeholder management strategy.
1. Learner has attended and is competent for module titled Fundamentals of Personal Data Protection Act or its equivalent
2. Learners are assumed to be able to:
- Understand relevant organisational strategies, objectives, culture, policies, processes and products / services;
- Have information gathering skills to gather and collate necessary data;
- Have analytical skills to assess policies and procedures;
- Have business writing skills to prepare management report;
- Have interpersonal and communication skills to interact with relevant stakeholders;
- Have facilitation skills to ask the right questions to elicit necessary information; and
- Be aware of compliance requirements of organisation.
Price to be advised.