Full program description
NICF – Certified Information Systems Manager® CISM®
This course is scheduled for launch in Q2 2018 Q3 2018. To express your interest in this course, please fill up our form at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6MBPSFV. We will contact you when we get closer to course launch date.
CISM - Certified Information Systems Manager - is the most widely accepted certification for an Information Systems Manager who is effective able to secure his Enterprise by managing the risks and threats. Certification holders are consistently recognized among the most-qualified professionals in the information security and risk management fields. CISM holders are also able to promote international security practices.
The 4 days or 32 hours curriculum is aimed for the candidates to demonstrate their skill and competency in 38 Task areas and 72 Knowledge areas under the 4 Domains.
The purpose of the uniquely management-focused CISM certification promotes international security practices and recognizes the individual who manages, designs, and oversees and assesses an enterprises information security.
Who Should Attend
- Information Security Managers.
- Aspiring Information Security Managers.
- IS/IT Consultants.
- Chief Information Officers.
Anyone seeking to transition their skills to Information Systems (IS) and IS Security.
Individuals who aspire to realize the best benefit from their professional qualification investment.
IS/IT professionals working within an organization that has adopted and adapted the ISACA frameworks of IS management and governance, and risk management.
Everyone interested in,
- Risk oriented IS management technique.
- Controlling or reducing risk in IS assets.
- Improving IS business value creation.
- Implementing industry best practices in IS management.
- Adopting to the IS governance framework.
- Provide efficient and effective IS operation services to the users.
4 Days / 32 Hours
Introduction to Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Security Manager: Objectives and Expectations.
- Professional Managers in Information Systems: need and priorities.
- ISACA Code of Professional Ethics.
- Examination information and inputs.
- Certification Prerequisites, Application, Maintenance and Renewal.
Domain 1 Information Security Governance
- Introduction to Information Security Governance
- Effective Information Security Governance
- Governance and Third-Party Relationships
- Information Security Metrics
- Information Security Governance Metrics
- Information Security Strategy
- Information Security Strategy Development
- Strategy Resources and Constraints
- Other Frameworks
- Action Plans to Implement Strategy
- Governance of Enterprise IT
Domain 2 Information Risk Management and Compliance
- Information Risk Management
- Information Risk
- Assessment Management
- Information Asset Resource
- Recovery Objectives
- Security Control Baselines
- Training and Awareness
Domain 3 Information Security Program Development and Management
- Information Security Program Management
- Overview, Objectives and Concepts
- Resources and Development
- Enterprise Information Security Architecture (EISA)
- Security Program
- Management and Administration
- Services and Operational Activities
- Controls measures
- Metrics and Monitoring
- Measuring Operational Performance
- Common Challenges
Domain 4 Information Security Incident Management
- Incident Management,
- Overview and Procedures.
- Resources and Objectives.
- Metrics and Indicators.
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Procedures.
- Post Incident Activities and Investigation.
Examination Preparation and Techniques
- Understand how questions are structured.
- Preparing for the CISM Examination.
- Recommended Reading for the CISM Examination.
- Exam Favorites.
Mode of Assessment
Students will be required to complete a paper-based NICF assessment during class.
After completing the course coupled with the necessary experience, a student may proceed to undertake the ISACAs CISM certification examination.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NICF Statement of Attainments (SOA)
Upon completion of the course and assessment, students will also be awarded with these NICF SOAs:
- Understand and apply compliance standards ICT-SNA-4001-1.1 [IT-SM-407S-1] and
- Review security risk management ICT-SNA-5007-1.1 [IT-SM-417S-1].
Official ISACA CISM Certification Examination
Only after students pass the Certification Examination, they will have to apply to ISACAs to receive the CISM Certificate.
- Able to understand and apply the compliance standards, including that of the implications, the terms of the standard and to execute the compliancy check of the organisation.
- Able to access the Organisations Information and Cybersecurity risk management plan and each individual countermeasure of treatment.
- Able to understand the Information Security Governance and create value.
- Able to understand the enterprise risk management and the counter measures.
- Able to understand the Information Security Program Management and evaluation.
- Able to understand the Incident Management process and operation review.
No pre-requisites are imposed to take this course or to appear for the CISM certification examination or to gain competency in the NICF SkillsFuture, Technical Skill and Competencies.
It is strongly recommended that participants need to possess:
- Minimum five years of information security work experience, with a minimum of three years of information security management work experience in three or more of the job practice areas.
- Experience in information security management is mandatory.
- Experience in general information security optional.
- At least a graduate degree qualification, with or without a major (honours).
- Appropriate managerial skills with knowledge of relevant tools and techniques.
- Proficiency in English language equivalent to the GCE O Level is expected.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee ratio is 1:25
A student would need to register at the ISACAs web portal to schedule for the examination for CIAM organized by PSI after paying the necessary fee. There are a few examination centers in Singapore.