Full program description
NICF - Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM®) (SF)
Course OverviewDownload E-Brochure
Course Code: NICF032
Skillsconnect Code: CRS-Q-0033275-ICT
CISM - Certified Information Security Manager - is the most widely accepted certification for an Information Security Manager who is effective able to secure his Enterprise by managing the risks and threats. Certification holders are consistently recognized among the most-qualified professionals in the information security and risk management fields. CISM holders are also able to promote international security practices.
The 5 days or 40 hours curriculum is aimed for the candidates to demonstrate their skill and competency in 38 Task areas and 72 Knowledge areas under the 4 Domains.
The purpose of the uniquely management-focused CISM certification promotes international security practices and recognizes the individual who manages, designs, and oversees and assesses an enterprises information security.
Who Should Attend
- Information Security Managers.
- Aspiring Information Security Managers.
- IS/IT Consultants.
- Chief Information Officers.
Anyone seeking to transition their skills to Information Systems (IS) and IS Security.
Individuals who aspire to realize the best benefit from their professional qualification investment.
IS/IT professionals working within an organization that has adopted and adapted the ISACA frameworks of IS management and governance, and risk management.
Everyone interested in,
- Risk oriented IS management technique.
- Controlling or reducing risk in IS assets.
- Improving IS business value creation.
- Implementing industry best practices in IS management.
- Adopting to the IS governance framework.
- Provide efficient and effective IS operation services to the users.
5 Days / 40 Hours
Introduction to Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Security Manager: Objectives and Expectations.
- Professional Managers in Information Security: need and priorities.
- ISACA Code of Professional Ethics.
- Examination information and inputs.
- Certification Prerequisites, Application, Maintenance and Renewal.
Domain 1 Information Security Governance
- Introduction to Information Security Governance
- Effective Information Security Governance
- Governance and Third-Party Relationships
- Information Security Metrics
- Information Security Governance Metrics
- Information Security Strategy
- Information Security Strategy Development
- Strategy Resources and Constraints
- Other Frameworks
- Action Plans to Implement Strategy
- Governance of Enterprise IT
Domain 2 Information Risk Management and Compliance
- Information Risk Management
- Information Risk
- Assessment Management
- Information Asset Resource
- Recovery Objectives
- Security Control Baselines
- Training and Awareness
Domain 3 Information Security Program Development and Management
- Information Security Program Management
- Overview, Objectives and Concepts
- Resources and Development
- Enterprise Information Security Architecture (EISA)
- Security Program
- Management and Administration
- Services and Operational Activities
- Controls measures
- Metrics and Monitoring
- Measuring Operational Performance
- Common Challenges
Domain 4 Information Security Incident Management
- Incident Management,
- Overview and Procedures.
- Resources and Objectives.
- Metrics and Indicators.
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Procedures.
- Post Incident Activities and Investigation.
Examination Preparation and Techniques
- Understand how questions are structured.
- Preparing for the CISM Examination.
- Recommended Reading for the CISM Examination.
- Exam Favorites.
Mode of Assessment
Students will be required to complete a paper-based assessment during class.
After completing the course coupled with the necessary experience, a student may proceed to undertake the ISACAs CISM certification examination.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded Statement of Attainments (SOA)
Upon completion of the course and assessment, students will also be awarded with these SOAs:
- Understand and apply compliance standards ICT-SNA-4001-1.1 [IT-SM-407S-1] and
- Review security risk management ICT-SNA-5007-1.1 [IT-SM-417S-1].
Official ISACA CISM Certification Examination
Only after students pass the Certification Examination, they will have to apply to ISACAs to receive the CISM Certificate.
- Able to understand and apply the compliance standards, including that of the implications, the terms of the standard and to execute the compliancy check of the organisation.
- Able to access the Organisations Information and Cybersecurity risk management plan and each individual countermeasure of treatment.
- Able to understand the Information Security Governance and create value.
- Able to understand the enterprise risk management and the counter measures.
- Able to understand the Information Security Program Management and evaluation.
- Able to understand the Incident Management process and operation review.
No pre-requisites are imposed to take this course or to appear for the CISM certification examination or to gain competency in the SkillsFuture, Technical Skill and Competencies. Laptops will not be provided, attendees need to bring their own laptops.
It is strongly recommended that participants need to possess:
- Minimum five years of information security work experience, with a minimum of three years of information security management work experience in three or more of the job practice areas.
- Experience in information security management is mandatory.
- Experience in general information security optional.
- At least a graduate degree qualification, with or without a major (honours).
- Appropriate managerial skills with knowledge of relevant tools and techniques.
- Proficiency in English language equivalent to the GCE O Level is expected.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee ratio is 1:25
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
A student would need to register at the ISACAs web portal to schedule for the examination for CIAM organized by PSI after paying the necessary fee. There are a few examination centers in Singapore.
PDUs for Maintaining PMP Credential
This course is eligible for PDU Credits. Upon successful completion of this course, Project Management Professional (PMP) credential holders will be awarded 30 PDUs. Applicants need to access the PMI CCR System at https://ccrs.pmi.org/search/ to claim their PDU points with the following details:
Provider ID: 3163
Activity ID: NICF029
Activity Name: Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) (SF)
To view the full listing of courses that is eligible for PDU points, visit https://www.ntuclearninghub.com/courses/courses-by-category/it-academy/pdu-points/
Original Course Fee
Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above
Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding.
- NTUC Members can enjoy up to 50% funding (capped at $250 per year) under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP).
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
- Absentee payroll claimable by companies (SMEs and Non-SMEs) sponsoring candidates under WTS Scheme: Up to 95% of hourly basic salary (no dollar cap)
Certification Exam Fee:
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) Exam Fee for ISACA non-members
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) Exam Fee for ISACA members
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees