Full program description
NICF - Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT® CGEIT® (SF)
What's In It For Me
- A global and significant, lifetime mark of knowledge and proficiency.
- Competitive lead that will differentiate you from other professionals.
- Higher earnings and greater career growth.
- The benefits of becoming part of a leading professional network.
- The ability to leverage the tools and resources of a global community of industry experts.
- As a CGEIT certified professional, you demonstrate your capability of bringing IT governance into an organization.
NTUC LearningHub Course Code: NICF033
SSG Skillsconnect Code: CRS-Q-0033274-ICT
CGEIT - Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT - is the most widely accepted certification for an Information Systems Risk and Control professional.
This four days class room based training will primarily enable you to prepare for the CGEIT Examination and pass at the first appearance.
Achieve the key objectives of:
- Identify, analyze, treat and manage IS risk and how it relates to the overall organization. Design, implement, monitor & maintain the risk-based and effective IS Control of the Enterprise.
- Achieve the Compliance with regulatory requirements.
Who Should Attend
ISACA recommends IT and business professionals, which include:
- IS/IT Directors.
- IS/IT Managers.
- IS/IT Consultants.
- IT Governance Professionals.
- IS/IT Executives
IT and business professionals who have significant management, advisory, or assurance roles relating to the governance of enterprise IT.
Everyone interested to gain knowledge in,
- Understanding, identifying and assessing the framework for the Governance of Enterprise IT.
- The strategies of effective IS management and realization of benefit to enterprise.
- Optimization of resources and risk.
5 Days / 40 Hours
Introduction to Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
- A Risk and Information Systems Control Professional: Objectives and Expectations.
- Professional Managers in Information Systems: need and priorities.
- ISACA Code of Professional Ethics.
- Examination information and inputs.
- Certification Prerequisites, Application, Maintenance and Renewal.
Domain 1 Framework for the Governance of Enterprise IT
- Identifying, understanding and emphasize on the mission, vision and values of the enterprise.
- Ensure the definition, establishment, and management of a framework for the governance of enterprise IT.
- Ensure alignment of framework for the governance of enterprise IT with the enterprises business objective.
Domain 2 Strategic Management
- Ensure that the baseline of achievement of enterprise objectives are set.
- Establish the need and method of integrating and aligning of IT strategic plans with enterprise strategic plans.
- Ensure that IT enables and supports the alignment of IT strategic plans with enterprise strategic plans.
Domain 3 Benefits Realization
- Ensuring that IT-enabled investments are managed.
- Ensuring that IT-enabled investments deliver optimized business benefits.
- Ensuring that that optimized business benefit realization outcome and performance measures are established, evaluated and progress is reported to key stakeholders.
- Ensure that business benefits and the realization outcome and performance measures are established and evaluated.
- Ensure that business benefits and the realization outcome and performance progress are reported to key stakeholders.
Domain 4 Risk Optimization
- Ensure that an IT risk management framework exists for the IT-related business risk.
- Ensure that the framework is used to identify, analyse, mitigate, manage, monitor, and communicate IT-related business risk.
- Ensure that the enterprise risk management (ERM) framework is identified and understood.
- Ensure that the framework for IT risk management is in alignment with the enterprise risk management (ERM) framework.
Domain 5 Resource Optimization
- Ensure that the baseline of achievement of enterprise objectives are identified and understood.
- Ensure the optimization of IT resources including information, services, infrastructure and applications, and people are conducted.
- Ensure the optimization support the enterprise objectives.
Examination Preparation and Techniques
- Understand how questions are structured.
- Preparing for the CGEIT Examination.
- Recommended Reading for the CGEIT Examination.
- Exam Favorites.
Mode of Assessment
Students will be required to complete a paper-based assessment during class.
After completing the course coupled with the necessary experience, a student may proceed to undertake the ISACAs CGEIT certification examination.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded Statement of Attainments (SOA)
Upon completion of the course and assessment, students will also be awarded with these SOAs:
- Manage IT to support business goals. ICT-SNA-5016-1.1 [IT-CIO-514S-1]
- Review reports and formulate action plan. ICT-OUS-5011-1.1 [IT-CIO-504S-1]
Official ISACA CGEIT Certification Examination
Only after students pass the Certification Examination, they will have to apply to ISACAs to receive the CGEIT Certificate.
- How is the framework for the governance of enterprise IT defined, established, and managed in alignment with the mission, vision and values of the enterprise.
- How the achievement of enterprise objectives ensure that IT enables and supports through the integration and alignment of IT strategic plans with enterprise strategic plans.
- Ensure that IT-enabled investments are managed to deliver optimized business benefits and that benefit realization outcome and performance measures are established, evaluated and progress is reported to key stakeholders.
- Ensure that an IT risk management framework exists to identify, analyse, mitigate, manage, monitor, and communicate IT-related business risk, and that the framework for IT risk management is in alignment with the enterprise risk management (ERM) framework.
- Ensure the optimization of IT resources including information, services, infrastructure and applications, and people, to support the achievement of enterprise objectives.
No pre-requisites are imposed to take this course or to appear for the CGEIT certification examination or to gain competency in the SkillsFuture, Technical Skill and Competencies.
It is strongly recommended that participants need to possess:
- Minimum five years of information security work experience, with a minimum of three years of information security management work experience in three or more of the job practice areas.
- Experience in information security management is mandatory.
- Experience in general information security optional.
- At least a graduate degree qualification, with or without a major (honours).
- Appropriate managerial skills with knowledge of relevant tools and techniques.
- Proficiency in English language equivalent to the GCE O Level is expected.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English.
Trainer: Trainee ratio is 1:25.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
A student would need to register at the ISACA web portal to schedule for the examination for CGEIT organized by PSI after paying the necessary fee. There are a few examination centers in Singapore.
PDUs for Maintaining PMP Credential
This course is eligible for PDU Credits. Upon successful completion of this course, Project Management Professional (PMP) credential holders will be awarded 35 PDUs. Applicants need to access the PMI CCR System at https://ccrs.pmi.org/search/ to claim their PDU points with the following details:
Provider ID: 3163
Activity ID: NICF033
Activity Name: Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT CGEIT (SF)
To view the full listing of courses that is eligible for PDU points, visit https://www.ntuclearninghub.com/courses/courses-by-category/it-academy/pdu-points/
Original Course Fee
Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above
Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding.
- NTUC Members can enjoy up to 50% funding (capped at $250 per year) under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP).
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
- Absentee payroll claimable by companies (SMEs and Non-SMEs) sponsoring candidates under WTS Scheme: Up to 95% of hourly basic salary (no dollar cap)
Certification Exam Fee:
Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) Exam Fee for ISACA non-members
Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) Exam Fee for ISACA members
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees