Full program description
NICF - Cisco CCNA Security (IINS) (SF)
What's In It For Me
- Validate associate-level knowledge and skills required to secure Cisco networks.
- Gain skills required to develop a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats.
- Learn to maintain integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and devices, and competency in technologies.
NTUC LearningHub Course Code: NICF109
SSG Skillsconnect Code: CRS-Q-0030489-IT
Alternate Course Title: Implementing Cisco Network Security (IINS) v3.0
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) validates associate-level knowledge and skills required to secure Cisco networks. With a CCNA Security certification, a network professional demonstrates the skills required to develop a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats. The CCNA Security curriculum emphasizes core security technologies, the installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and devices, and competency in the technologies that Cisco uses in its security structure.
In this course, you will learn about the design, implementation, and monitoring of a comprehensive security policy using Cisco IOS security features and technologies as examples. You will also learn about security controls of Cisco IOS devices as well as a functional introduction to the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA). This course enables you to perform basic tasks to secure a network using Cisco IOS security features, which are available through web-based GUIs on the Cisco ASA, and the command-line interface (CLI) on Cisco routers and switches.
Site-to-site virtual private network (VPN) configuration is covered on both the Cisco IOS and the Cisco ASA. Modern malware examples are included in this course as are cryptographic techniques using stronger hashing and encryption algorithms. Current versions of Cisco IOS, Cisco ASA, and Cisco AnyConnect are featured.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone who desires a practical, technical introduction to the field of Network Security. This includes but not limited to ITE, Polytechnic and Graduate students and working professionals who are interested in careers such as Network Security Analyst, Network Security Engineer, Network Security Administrator, etc.
- Network Designers
- Network / Systems / Security Engineers
- Network and Security Managers
- Individuals pursing CCNA Security certification
- Threat defense technologies
- Security policy and basic security architectures
- Cryptographic technologies
Secure Network Devices
- Implementing AAA
- Management protocols and systems
- Securing the control plane
Layer 2 Security
- Securing Layer 2 infrastructures
- Securing Layer 2 protocols
- Firewall technologies
- Introducing the Cisco ASA v9.2
- Cisco ASA access control and service policies
- Cisco IOS zone based firewall
- IPsec technologies
- Site-to-site VPN
- Client-based remote access VPN
- Clientless remote access VPN
- Intrusion detection and protection
- Endpoint protection
- Content security
- Advanced network security architectures
Mode of Assessment
Students must complete a paper-based NICF assessment during class.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NICF Statement of Attainments (SOAs)
Upon completion of the course, students will also be awarded with SOAs from SSG.
This course will enable participants to understand:
- Common network security concepts
- Secure routing and switching infrastructure
- Deploy basic authentication, authorization, and accounting services
- Deploy basic firewalling services
- Deploy basic site-to-site and remote access VPN services
- Advanced security services such as intrusion protection, content security and identity management
- Develop a comprehensive network security policy to counter threats against information security
- Configure routers with Cisco IOS software security features, including management and reporting functions
- Bootstrap the Cisco ASA Firewall for use in a production network
- Configure the Cisco ASA Firewall for remote access to a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN
- Configure a Cisco IOS zone-based firewall (ZBF) to perform basic security operations on a network
- Configure site-to-site VPNs using Cisco IOS features
- Configure security features on IOS switches to mitigate various Layer 2 and Layer 3 attacks
- How a network can be compromised using freely available tools
- Implement line passwords, and enable passwords and secrets
- Examine authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) concepts and features using the local database as well as Cisco Secure ACS 5.2
- Configure packet filtering on the perimeter router
Students should have either
- completed NICF Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching Part 1 (CCENT, ICND1) or
- possess valid Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) Certification.
- SSG Funding
This course is aligned to the National Infocomm Competency Framework (NICF) and accredited by SSG with Cat-B Funding (PME Level).
- SkillsFuture Credit
Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture credit to offset course fee payable after SSG funding.
- Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
Course Fee with SSG Cat-B funding
|Individual Sponsored||Company Sponsored|
|w/o GST||w GST||Non-SME||SME|
|w/o GST||w GST||w/o GST||w GST|
|Original Course Fee||$3,500.00||$3,745.00||$3,500.00||$3,745.00||$3,500.00||$3,745.00|
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$2,915.00||$3,160.00||$2,915.00||$3,160.00||$1,550.00||$1,795.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above||$1,550.00||$1,795.00||$1,550.00||$1,795.00||$1,550.00||$1,795.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)||$1,433.00||$1,678.00||$1,433.00||$1,678.00||$1,433.00||$1,678.00|
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding.
- NTUC Members can enjoy up to 50% funding (capped at $250 per year) under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP).
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
- Absentee payroll claimable by companies (SMEs and Non-SMEs) sponsoring candidates under WTS Scheme: Up to 95% of hourly basic salary (no dollar cap)
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees