Full program description
Poster Design Using Adobe Illustrator
What's In It For Me
- Gain a quick overview on Adobe Illustrator.
- Be familiarised with Illustrator's functions and techniques.
- Learn to create, design and edit graphical posters.
The following courses are scheduled to be launched in the second half of 2017. To express your interest to enroll in this course, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you when we get closer to course launch date.
This masterclass is designed for learners to get a quick overview of designing in Adobe Illustrator. Participants will learn how to set up Illustrator documents, use colours and fills, drawing paths and objects, manage artwork with layers and create and edit type.
- Defining Illustrator documents
- Managing documents
- Using Guides, Smart Guides & Grids
- Placing assets
- Working with coloursSelecting coloursCreating & saving custom colours
- Fills, Strokes, Gradients & PatternsUnderstanding the attributesApplying Fill & Stroke attributesApplying & changing gradient attributesApplying & defining pattern swatches
- Drawing Basic ShapesThe Shape ToolsDrawing & editing shapesLive Corners & Live Shapes
- The Pencil ToolDrawing with the PencilSetting Pencil preferencesSimplifying paths
- Creating complex shapesUsing the Shape Builder toolThe Pathfinder
Layers & Objects
- Illustrator’s Layers
- Object Transforms: Rotate, Dis
- BlendsUnderstanding Illustrator’s Blend ToolCreating the blendWorking with blends
- Creating, importing & editing type
- Text formatting
No prior knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is required. Some prior experience in the software would be advantageous but not absolutely essential.
Learners are only expected to demonstrate familiarity with the computer – such as the opening and saving of files, navigating the Windows operating system and mouse usage.