Full program description
Graphic Design & Illustration using Adobe Illustrator
What's In It For Me
- Be trained in using Adobe Illustrator.
- Be familiarised with Illustrator's functions and techniques.
- Learn to create, design and edit your own digital art.
NTUC LearningHub Course Code: ADOBEIL
SSG SkillsConnect Reference Number: CRS-N-0032772
Operating System: Windows
Software Version: Illustrator CC
Adobe Illustrator is comprehensive vector graphics software that allows anyone to create a sophisticated artwork at their fingertips. For anyone beginning to learn illustrator, this course will be their ideal starting point. This course will impart students knowledge to create and modify objects and expandable graphical vectors with this powerful drawing software.
Who Should Attend
- Individuals who are keen to learn and use this graphics designing software to create high quality prints or vectors which do not compromise in resolution when you expand them
- Graphic designers, print collaterals designers or anyone who needs image editing for professional results
- Marketing and advertising professionals who want to add visual impact to their campaigns
3 Days / 21 Hours
- CONCEPT & DESIGN
- Design Planning
- Copyright Issues
- Principles of Design
- Key design terminology
- INTRODUCING ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR
- Introducing the Interface
- Working with Illustrator's Toolset
- DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
- Document Setup
- Managing Documents & Assets
- Illustrator's Artboard
- Grids & Guides
- COLOURS, FILLS & STROKES
- Colour in Illustrator
- Fills & Strokes
- Vector Drawing Concepts
- Basic Drawing
- The Pencil Tool
- Paths - the Pen Tool
- Compound Paths
- Illustrator's Effects
- Using Image Trace
- The Appearance Panel
- Graphic Styles
- The Third Dimension - Illustrator's 3D
- Illustrator's Brushes
- Creating Custom Brushes
- Saving & Loading Brush Sets
- Working with Type
- Preparing a File for Print Output
- Illustrator & the Web
The course assumes that students have completed the Microsoft Windows course or have the following equivalent Microsoft Windows knowledge and experience:
- start and run Windows,
- use the taskbar,
- use the Start button,
- use the Help feature,
- use Minimize, Restore Down/Maximize, or Close,
- use the left and right mouse buttons appropriately,
- understand file management techniques, and
- navigate between files, folders, or drives
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture credit to offset course fees. (Course ID: CRS-N-0032772)
- Companies can claim $2/hr funding from SSG (SkillsConnect Reference Number: CRS-N-0032772)
- NTUC Members can enjoy up to 50% funding (capped at $250 per year) with Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP).
Full Course Fee
After Cat-C Funding for Company Sponsored
Payable Fee Before GST
Payable Fee With GST
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable.
- NTUC Members can enjoy up to 50% funding (capped at $250 per year) under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP).
- Company Sponsored
- # This course is supported by SSG with Cat-C Funding and Company sponsored candidates (Singapore Citizens and PRs) are eligible for $2/hr funding. Price indicated above is after funding.
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees