Full program description
AutoCAD 2016 Essentials - Part 1
What's In It For Me
- Be trained in using Adobe AutoCAD.
- Grasp basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools of AutoCAD.
- Learn to create basic 2D drawings.
NTUC LearningHub Course Code: ACAD16A
SSG SkillsConnect Reference Number: CRS-N-0035271
Platform/ Software: AutoCAD LT 2016 for Windows operating systemThe objective of this course is to enable students to create a basic 2D drawing in the AutoCAD software. Students will start with a few basic tools that enable the student to create and edit a simple drawing, and then continue to develop those tools.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for professionals:
- Civil Engineers/ Mechanical Engineers
- Product Designers and Developers
- Instructors/ Trainers/ Students
Getting Started with AutoCAD
- Starting the Software
- User Interface
- Working with Commands
- Cartesian Workspace
- Opening an Existing Drawing File
- Viewing Your Drawing
- Saving Your Work
Basic Drawing & Editing Commands
- Drawing Lines
- Erasing Objects
- Drawing Lines with Polar Tracking
- Drawing Rectangles
- Drawing Circles
- Undo and Redo Actions
Creating a Simple Drawing
- Create a Simple Drawing
- Create Simple Shapes
Drawing Precision in AutoCAD
- Using Running Object Snaps
- Using Object Snap Overrides
- Polar Tracking and Polar Snap
- Object Snap Tracking
Making Changes in Your Drawing
- Selecting Objects for Editing
- Moving Objects
- Copying Objects
- Rotating Objects
- Scaling Objects
- Mirroring Objects
- Editing with Grips
Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
- What are Layers?
- Layer States, Transparency
- Changing an Objects Layer
Advanced Object Types
- Drawing Arcs
- Drawing Polylines
- Editing Polylines
- Drawing Polygons
- Drawing Ellipses
Analyzing Model and Object Types
- Working with Object Properties
- Measuring Objects
Advanced Editing Commands
- Trimming and Extending Objects
- Stretching Objects
- Creating Fillets and Chamfers, Blend
- Offsetting Objects
- Creating Arrays of Objects
- What are Blocks?
- Inserting Blocks
- Inserting Blocks with DesignCenter
- Inserting the Updated Blocks in the drawing
Setting Up a Layout
- Printing Concepts
- Working in Layouts
- Copying Layouts
- Creating Layout Viewports
- Guidelines for Layouts
Printing Your Drawing
- Printing Layouts
- Printing from the Model Tab
- Working with Annotations
- Adding Text in a Drawing
- Modifying Multiline Text
- Formatting Multiline Text
- Adding Notes with Leaders to Your Drawing
- Editing Hatches
- Dimensioning Concepts
- Adding Linear Dimensions
- Adding Radial & Angular Dimensions
- Editing Dimension
Mode of Assessment
After completing this course, students will be able to undertake AutoCAD 2016 Certified Professional examination.
For students who had purchased the examination(s), they will receive a printed instruction voucher or email instructions during the class period to allow them to book the relevant computer-based examination for their course.
As we recognize that every individual has different studying pace, we will allow everyone to make a choice when they are ready to take the examination*. So they can register for their examination date by proceed to level 3 Room G Exam Department at our NTUC Trade Union House center to book their examination upon receipt of the instruction voucher/ email instructions.
*Subjected to terms and conditions and schedule availability. The exam department cannot register for your examination if the voucher provided by the official vendor has expired. The instruction voucher or email instructions will not indicate the expiry date.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Students must pass AutoCAD 2016 Certified Professional examination to attain the following certification: Autodesk AutoCAD 2016 Certified Professional.
To maximize the chance of passing the exam, students are strongly encouraged to attend AutoCAD 2016 Essentials - Part 2 course before attempting the exam.
The following essential core topics for working with the AutoCAD software are covered:
- Understanding the AutoCAD workspace and user interface.
- Using basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools.
- Organizing drawing objects on layers.
- Inserting reusable symbols (blocks).
- Preparing a layout to be plotted.
- Adding text, hatching, and dimensions.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP):
- NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim.
| || |
Original Course Fee
Promotional Course fee (until 31 Dec 2017)
- Individual Sponsored
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable.
- NTUC Members can enjoy up to 50% funding (capped at $250 per year) under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP).
- Company Sponsored
- # This course is supported by SSG with Cat-C Funding and Company sponsored candidates (Singapore Citizens and PRs) are eligible for $2/hr funding. Price indicated above is after funding.
Certification Exam Fee (optional):
|w/o GST||w GST|
Autodesk Certified Professional Exam Fee
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees