Full program description
This is THE introductory Docker course to give your team the best foundation for enterprise-grade Docker use-cases. The Docker Fundamentals training course features the foundational concepts and practices of containerization on a single Docker node. The course offers you the opportunity to assimilate basic container orchestration and how to scale Docker across multiple nodes in a simple swarm cluster. This course provides essential foundational knowledge for subsequent Docker courses.
Who Should Attend
- IT professionals with an operations or system administration background desiring an intense and rapid onramp to Docker technologies
- DevOps Professional, Solutions Architects, System Admin, Operational Support Staff
- The Docker Story
- Introduction to Images
- Creating Images
- System Commands
- Docker Networking Basics
- Docker Compose
- Scaling out with Swarm Mode and Kubernetes
- Managing Secrets
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the foundations of containerization on a single Docker node
- Create an image using Dockerfile best practices Use volumes in the application development process
- Apply concepts of the Docker networking model Understand the goal of services as a method of scaling containers
- Utilize two different orchestrators (Swarm and Kubernetes) to deploy a single application across multiple machines
- Create a secret and understand its accessibility capabilities
You should have basic Linux knowledge and should be comfortable working with command line interface in Linux.
It is good to have basic Docker knowledge.
You should have an understanding of basic networking and filesystem concepts.
Attendees attending the Enterprise Edition Operations/Developer courses should have good understanding and prior experience of working with Docker, Swarm and/or Kubernetes. Otherwise, they are advised to attend the Docker Fundamental course
This is a hands-on course where you will get the opportunity to complete the lab exercises.
|Course Title||Full Course Fee|
|Before GST||With GST|
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.