Full program description
Blockchain For Cross Border Payment
What's In It For Me
You will be provided with a general overview of Blockchain technology and application case studies in cross border payment that addresses:
- What is blockchain
- Overview the payments industry
- Cross Border payment landscape
- Problems and limitations
- How the features of blockchain technology can enhance the current payment system
- How blockchain technology is impacting the current system
- Application case studies sharing and analysis
- What the future holds
According to a recent report from US-based market research firm International Data Corporation (IDC), global blockchain spending will account for almost $2.9 billion in 2019, which is an 88.7 percent increase from 2018. Cross border payments & settlements has been reported as the top blockchain use case that will receive the most investment ($453 million) in 2019, highlighting increasing awareness of blockchain technologys usefulness and potential for this sector.
The current cross-border payments model is ripe for disruption, with its high transaction costs and reliance on corresponding banks and partners. We explore how blockchain technology can help to enhance this model through insightful sharing, real world case studies and interactive activities.
This 1 day course will introduce participants to blockchain technology use cases and benefits for the financial industry, specifically for cross border payments.
More importantly, the course will instill in participants an active learning spirit, and hopefully encourage further exploration on blockchain technology and the opportunities it entails for the payments industry.
Who Should Attend
- Finance Professionals
- Aspiring PMEs
- Anyone who is keen to explore more about blockchain technology and how it will disrupt cross border payments
1 Day / 8 Hours (including 1 hr of assessment)
What is Blockchain Technology
- Clearing common misconceptions: Blockchain = Bitcoin = Cryptocurrency?
- Introduction to blockchain technology and its use cases
- Introduction to cryptocurrencies and its use cases
Is the payments industry ripe for disruption?
- Current situation in the payments industry
- Landscape of cross-border payments
- Real life case studies examples (cross border payments industry players)
- Problems and limitations
Why blockchain technology makes sense for the payments industry
- How the features of blockchain technology can enhance the current system
- Benefits of utilizing blockchain technology
How blockchain technology can be used for the payments industry
- Real life case studies (payments industry players utilising blockchain industry and new startup players)
- Reach and limitations of blockchain applications
What the future holds
- The future for blockchain technology and the payments industry
- Trends and predictions
- Next steps
To encourage active learning, the 1 day course will include class activities such as small group discussions and presentations
Mode of Assessment
Students will be required to complete a MCQ assessment during class.
- Understand the fundamentals of blockchain technology and its key utility and benefits
- Learn about the real world utility value of blockchain technology and its potential in growing and evolving the financial industry, specifically in facilitating cross border payment through case studies
- Explore blockchain technology opportunities and business scenarios for the cross border payments industry through interactive role-playing activities
No credit or certification pre-requisites required to take this course.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee ratio is 1:30
Full Course (without GST)
Singaporeans/PR (Permanent Resident) under 40 years old
Singaporeans over 40 years of age
Eligibility for IBF Funding:
To qualify for funding, you need to meet the following criteria:
1. Singaporeans/PR (Permanent Resident) under 40 years old, you may qualify for 70% funding
2. Singaporeans over 40 years of age, you may qualify for 90% funding
3. Non-company-sponsored participants working in an organization based in Singapore
4. 100% Attendance and Pass all assessment
1. Participants working at a Financial Institutions (MAS licensed or exempt entities), involved in or supporting financial sector activities
2. Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
3. 100% Attendance and Pass all assessment