Full program description
Blockchain For Capital Markets
What's In It For Me
- This 1 day course will introduce participants to blockchain technology use cases and benefits, specifically its potential for improving processes in capital markets
- Through exploration of key ideas, concepts and real world use case scenarios, this course aims to equip participants with the know-hows on blockchain technology for capital markets
Capital market ecosystems are undeniably complex, with transactions involving multiple parties coupled with complex processes. To improve efficiency, financial institutions have been exploring on ways for growth and innovation.
The potential efficiencies of blockchain technology to improve capital market processes are clear, with its distributed nature enabling an immutable and irreversible way of storing data coupled by processes such as smart contract technology.
What role can blockchain technology play to help improve current capital market ecosystems and what are the challenges and limitations? We explore further in this course.
Who Should Attend
- Finance Professionals
- Aspiring PMEs
- Anyone who is keen to explore more about blockchain technology and its opportunities for capital markets
1 Day / 8 Hours (including 1 hr of assessment)
What is Blockchain Technology
- Clearing common misconceptions: Blockchain = Bitcoin = Cryptocurrency?
- Introduction to blockchain technology and its use cases
- Introduction to cryptocurrencies and its use cases
Current landscape for capital markets
- Key components of capital markets
- Limitations and inefficiency
Why blockchain technology
How the features of blockchain technology can improve the current system
- Distributed ledger technology
- Smart contract
Ways capital markets could benefit from utilising blockchain technology
- Improving efficiency across pre, during, post trade processes
- Streamlining processes: settlement time, transferring data
- Risk reduction and management
- Cost efficiency
Do you need blockchain? Reach and limitations of blockchain applications
Exploring blockchain technology use cases for capital markets
- Case studies sharing: What are the banks and industry players doing?
- Why the time is ripe for more institutions to jump in
Disrupt or be disrupted
- The future for capital markets: where to start?
- Trends and predictions
- Hurdles to adoption
- Next steps
- To encourage active learning, the 1 day course will include class activities such as small group discussions and presentations
Mode of Assessment
Students will be required to complete a MCQ assessment during class and score 80% to be awarded competent.
- Understand the fundamentals of blockchain technology and its key utility and benefits
- Learn about the real world utility value of blockchain technology and its potential in growing and evolving the financial industry, specifically for capital markets
- Explore blockchain technology opportunities and business scenarios for capital markets through interactive role-playing activities
No credit or certification prerequisites required to take this course.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee ratio is 1:30
Full Course (without GST)
Singaporeans/PR (Permanent Resident) under 40 years old
Singaporeans over 40 years of age
Eligibility for IBF Funding:
To qualify for funding, you need to meet the following criteria:
1. Singaporeans/PR (Permanent Resident) under 40 years old, you may qualify for 70% funding
2. Singaporeans over 40 years of age, you may qualify for 90% funding
3. Non-company-sponsored participants working in an organization based in Singapore
4. 100% Attendance and Pass all assessment
1. Participants working at a Financial Institutions (MAS licensed or exempt entities), involved in or supporting financial sector activities
2. Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
3. 100% Attendance and Pass all assessment