Full program description
Digital Citizen Tablet Fundamentals
What's In It For Me
- Understand the functions and features of a tablet
- Carry out common operations, apply settings, and secure a tablet
Who Should Attend
Individuals who are interested to learn how to use the basic concepts relating to using a tablet and the digital skills needed to complete some elementary or everyday tasks in a confident way.
1. Tablet Concepts
- Difference between tablet and smartphone
- Examples of tablets
- Android operating system
- Physical components of tablets
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Connecting to other devices
- Tablet uses
2. Getting Started
- Common Operations
- Tools and Settings
3. Networks, Accounts
- Network Connections
- Account Creation
4. Web Browsing and Search
- Using a Web Browser
- Tools and Settings
5. Working with Images, Video
- Capturing, viewing images, videos
- Using the Application Store
- Managing an Application
- Using storage
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Successful trainees will receive an internationally recognized ICDL Certificate upon completion of the course. This is a certificate jointly administered by ICDL Asia.
On completion of this module, the candidate will be able to:
- Understand the features of a tablet and its uses.
- Carry out common operations, apply settings, and secure a tablet.
- Use a wireless network securely, and set up online accounts for different services.
- Use a web browser to browse, search for, and bookmark webpages.
- Capture, view, organise and share images and videos.
- Use an application store, and install and update applications.
- Recognise backup and storage options for a tablet, and use cloud-based storage.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
- NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
Course Fee Payable
NSA Subsidy, >=50 yrs old
Note: NSA Subsidy is only applicable for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents aged 50 years and above
Prices are inclusive of GST and subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees