Full program description
Digital Citizen Tablet Fundamentals
Who Should Attend
Individuals who are interested to learn how to use the basic concepts relating to using a tablet and the digital skills needed to complete some elementary or everyday tasks confidently.
1. Tablet Concepts
- Difference between tablet and smartphone
- Examples of tablets
- Android operating system
- Physical components of tablets
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Connecting to other devices
- Tablet uses
2. Getting Started
- Common Operations
- Tools and Settings
3. Networks, Accounts
- Network Connections
- Account Creation
4. Web Browsing and Search
- Using a Web Browser
- Tools and Settings
5. Working with Images, Video
- Capturing, viewing images, videos
- Using the Application Store
- Managing an Application
- Using storage
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Successful trainees will receive an internationally recognized ICDL Certificate upon completion of the course. This is a certificate jointly administered by ICDL Asia.
On completion of this module, the candidate will be able to:
- Understand the features of a tablet and its uses
- Carry out common operations, apply settings, and secure a tablet
- Use a wireless network securely, and set up online accounts for different services
- Use a web browser to browse, search for, and bookmark webpages
- Capture, view, organise and share images and videos
- Use an application store, and install and update applications
- Recognise backup and storage options for a tablet, and use cloud-based storage
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Course Fee Payable
NSA Subsidy, >=50 yrs old
Note: NSA Subsidy is only applicable for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents aged 50 years and above
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP):
- NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.