Full program description
Digital Citizen Plus
What's In It For Me
- Understand the concepts of computer basic
- Introduction to the desktop
- Creating an email, documents & connecting to the internet
Who Should Attend
Trainees who have attended the Digital Citizen Computer Fundamentals Programme (Trainees with little or no experience in the use of computers should attend the Digital Citizen Computer Fundamentals Programme in the first instance). Trainees who have completed Basic ICRT and want to refresh their skills in working in a desktop environment, use of word processing tools, surfing the internet, word processing, spreadsheet and email functions.
Intro to ICDL Base is a step up initiative aimed at consolidating the strong foundation in the ICDL Digital Citizen Computer Fundamentals Programme that enhances the capability of participants with extensive computer skills and knowledge. It is designed to provide extensive hands-on practices that will not only help participants gain the necessary computer knowledge, more importantly, this will assure them that the skills they have acquired through the course are practical.
This course will create not only proficient but also confident computer users. It also prepares participants for the more challenging ICDL core modules.
- Understand the concepts of information and communication technology
- Use features in an operating system, the Desktop and manage files
- Use a web browser application and its associated use of search and navigation to access all information
- Use of email communication
- Understand and use a word processing application's basic operations
- Understand basic spreadsheet concepts, with practical experience creating spreadsheets and performing simple
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Successful trainees will receive the internationally recognised ICDL Certificate upon completion of the course. This certificate is administered by ICDL Singapore, a new initiative from ECDL Foundation.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Teacher: Student Ratio is 1: 24
- NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
Course Fee Payable
Prices are inclusive of GST and subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees