Full program description
What's In It For Me
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe 5 Agilist exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
This course is currently offered only for corporates as a private class. If you are an individual who is interested in enrolling in public classes, please express your interest in this course by filling up our form at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6MBPSFV. We will contact you when this course is made available to public.
In this two-day course, participants gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps.
Participants in the class gain insights into mastering Business Agility in order to thrive in the competitive market. They discuss how to establish team and technical agility and organize and re-organize around the flow of value. They also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs). Participants in the class explore the importance of adopting a customer-centric mindset and design thinking approach to agile product delivery. Learners also develop an understanding for implementing a Lean Portfolio Management function in their enterprise.
Attending this course prepares candidates to take the SAFe 5 Agilist (SA) certification exam.
Who Should Attend
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
2 Days / 14 Hours
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the transformation
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Certification level: Core
To perform the role of a SAFe Agilist, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the Seven Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFes Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe 5 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee ratio is 1:25
Job Role Description / Target Audience
A Certified SAFe Agilist (SA) is a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) enterprise leadership professional who is part of a Lean-Agile transformation.
Key Areas of Competency
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in the enterprise
- Apply Lean-Agile Mindset and principles
- Plan and successfully execute Program Increments
- Execute and release value through Agile Release Trains
- Build an Agile portfolio with Lean-Agile budgeting
Exam Prerequisite Skills or Knowledge
These skills and knowledge are highly recommended to successfully pass the exam:
- 5+ years experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
The first step toward becoming a SAFe certified professional is to attend this Leading SAFe course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
- Exam Name: SAFe 5 Agilist Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple choice
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe course
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score: 35 out of 45 (77% passing score)
- Language: English
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Agilist certificate
- A SAFe 5 Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- A SAFe Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned. Renewal fee is USD 100
Original Course Fee: $2,000 (before GST) / $2,140 (including GST)
Contact us for corporate price.